The Student Room Group

Opinions on AQA AS Psychology Paper 1, 16 May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Panic Queen
Augmentation principle is basically sacrificing for their view so it links in with commitment (you'll get the mark)

Oh okay thanks :smile:
Reply 281
HELP does anyone know if I will lose marks bc on the asch question I talked about task difficulty and unanimity and did two limitations BUT I also did NSI and ISI in there 😂 will that mess it up?
Reply 282
Original post by ashpittawayx
where is the mark scheme?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Rrt2HqUeC1J-vqARIaUC4wdiucHdvnWouza-4uY3FUc/edit#

We are editing the mark scheme as we speak. Nearly complete.
I only talked about Peterson and peterson for the 4MQ on MSM? did you have to talk about more?
Original post by Rigby16
Firstly, Yes it matters as anonymity is not knowing who said which answer unanimity is whether the group all agree. HE CHANGED THE UNANIMITY.

And the first point you make is incorrect, in general yes that's an evaluation point however being replicable is a STRENGTH NOT A LIMITATION :frown:

Hang on, there was a variation of his study where the participant wrote down their answer on a piece of paper (so there was no social pressure to conform) therefore he is anonymous so technically anonymity would be correct

Sorry for the second part I wrote the answer for a different question, I should've written lacks ecological validity
I'm so confused- did the question with the inequality sign and 6 want you to use the numbers less than 6 or greater than?
I thought less than so I put the answer as 2.
Original post by sophieee0933
I only talked about Peterson and peterson for the 4MQ on MSM? did you have to talk about more?

Thats all i talk about too, i think as long its enough detail we'll be fine :smile:
Original post by jessyjellytot14
I'm so confused- did the question with the inequality sign and 6 want you to use the numbers less than 6 or greater than?
I thought less than so I put the answer as 2.

Thats right imo yes
Original post by Ams8899
HELP does anyone know if I will lose marks bc on the asch question I talked about task difficulty and unanimity and did two limitations BUT I also did NSI and ISI in there 😂 will that mess it up?

Well ISI explains why the conformity rates increased when the tasks were more difficult, so you wouldn't lose marks here. What did you say about NSI?
Original post by sophieee0933

I wrote the P&P study and also wrote about millers 7+/- 2 (capacity) of STM
are people certain of the romanian multiple choice answers? one being the comparison? I ticked the one about cause and effect because in the textbook it says a weakness of other orphan studies are extraneous variables, but it's not A weakness for the ERA... idk
Reply 291
Was it just me or were those 12 mark essays worded really strangely? And research methods came up which i thought were in paper 2! Ahh good bye A grade.. 😂
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 292
Original post by jessyjellytot14
Well ISI explains why the conformity rates increased when the tasks were more difficult, so you wouldn't lose marks here. What did you say about NSI?

Thanks, basically I said that people in the group where there was another dissenter in another variation conformed less because they were less scared of being disliked/not included and it gave them more confidence, but I'm stupid anyway lol
[video="youtube;rJM9hiIs9Vk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJM9hiIs9Vk&app=desktop[/video]
Reply 294
Do people think grade boundaries will go up or down this year? Without the 12 marker on working memory i felt it was relatively straight forward.
Original post by Ams8899
Thanks, basically I said that people in the group where there was another dissenter in another variation conformed less because they were less scared of being disliked/not included and it gave them more confidence, but I'm stupid anyway lol

That is correct! If anything, this will gain you marks because you are adding extra detail. :smile:
On the question about MSM do you think I will loose marks for not writing all the researches names e.g I spoke about Peterson s study but forgot to say that it's was petersons if that makes sense...:/
Original post by Chloebreenb
On the question about MSM do you think I will loose marks for not writing all the researches names e.g I spoke about Peterson s study but forgot to say that it's was petersons if that makes sense...:/

My teacher told me kt didnt matter becuase examiners are pretty good at knowig what youre talking about after seeing a 100 odd papers, and the name isnt generally a mark on mark schemes so you should be fine
Original post by HPanimadPJO
Thats all i talk about too, i think as long its enough detail we'll be fine :smile:

omg did u have to give specific studies? i thought it was asking just to state capacity duration and coding:'(
Sigh in the 12 marker on WMM, I stupidly wrote about the MSM. Well you're welcome for bringing down the grade boundaries :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending