The Student Room Group

Predictions for A level Psychology AQA 2023

I know it's fairly early but what are your guys' predictions for psychology a level AQA 2023 exam? paper 1, 2,3.

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by lcvedingdong
I know it's fairly early but what are your guys' predictions for psychology a level AQA 2023 exam? paper 1, 2,3.

I feel like for social influence and memory the later topics will be a 16 marker
I can imagine a 16 marker that has never been done before to come up for memory such as types of long term memory
Original post by Neymarswho1730
I feel like for social influence and memory the later topics will be a 16 marker
I can imagine a 16 marker that has never been done before to come up for memory such as types of long term memory

Yeah and I think for paper 2 there will definitely be a stats test question

Feel like there’ll be an essay question on attachments
Original post by Badbooks12
Feel like there’ll be an essay question on attachments

Yeah same maybe on strange situation
Does ‘outline research into theory x’ means studies on theory x or is it the whole theory
Reply 8
Does ‘outline research into theory x’ means studies on theory x or is it the whole theory

it's studies, but feel free to outline key points of the theory but link it to a study

eg outline research into the behaviourist approach : -a key point of the behaviourist theory is that behaviour can be learnt by consequences shown by skinners research on rats ( outline skinners reasearch)

the evaluate THE RESEARCH ONLY so in this case how skinners research was a lab exp or how because its animals it lacks ecological validity
Original post by TT-tan
it's studies, but feel free to outline key points of the theory but link it to a study

eg outline research into the behaviourist approach : -a key point of the behaviourist theory is that behaviour can be learnt by consequences shown by skinners research on rats ( outline skinners reasearch)

the evaluate THE RESEARCH ONLY so in this case how skinners research was a lab exp or how because its animals it lacks ecological validity

Thanks!

For memory I don’t think that there will be a 16 marker on EWT, it came up last year
Reply 11
Original post by ssana.khz
For memory I don’t think that there will be a 16 marker on EWT, it came up last year

Same, I fear it might be on something like cognitive interview but I would have no idea how to structure a 16 marker on that as i have 2 eval points max
Original post by TT-tan
Same, I fear it might be on something like cognitive interview but I would have no idea how to structure a 16 marker on that as i have 2 eval points max

Which ones do you already have
isnt cognitive interview apart of EWT? so if EWT came up last year u might not have to worry
Original post by TT-tan
Original post by TT-tan

2 evaluation points are fine (what my teacher told me), as long as your outline is great and matches the requirement for level 4 which is outstanding knowledge. Evaluation isnt counted separately rather, it is counted as an overall answered used through levels.
Reply 15
Which ones do you already have

just the effectiveness and I could quote the Gieselman study and the fact it's costly
Reply 16
Original post by discordhmmm
isnt cognitive interview apart of EWT? so if EWT came up last year u might not have to worry

That's true but I feel like AQA has been leaning toward application questions more recently and cognitive interview is easy to put an application question on, I do think psychopathology will have an application question too
Original post by TT-tan
That's true but I feel like AQA has been leaning toward application questions more recently and cognitive interview is easy to put an application question on, I do think psychopathology will have an application question too

Applications are quite nice, im just dreading the long answer questions
Reply 18
Applications are quite nice, im just dreading the long answer questions

For an A* 12 out of 16 is enough as long as you nail the research methods and short mark questions

Also about EWT I have seen the 2022 paper and the EWT was 4 marks so perfectly reasonable to show up as a 16 marker
Original post by TT-tan
For an A* 12 out of 16 is enough as long as you nail the research methods and short mark questions

Also about EWT I have seen the 2022 paper and the EWT was 4 marks so perfectly reasonable to show up as a 16 marker

Misleading info and anxiety right?

Quick Reply

Latest