The Student Room Group

AQA French reading and listening exam [17th of May 2016]

Salut, tout le monde!

I was just wondering if anyone had a rough idea of the raw marks to UMS points conversion for this year, or if anyone had any predictions regarding that? I'm a little nervous- I'm aiming for an A*, and I'm trying to work out how many marks I'd need to get (from the reading and listening) to get into that grade. I've already managed to get full UMS points on the speaking and writing (30/30 on both speaking and writing pieces), so I guess that's a little reassuring!

Bonne chance! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GCShElpme
Salut, tout le monde!

I was just wondering if anyone had a rough idea of the raw marks to UMS points conversion for this year, or if anyone had any predictions regarding that? I'm a little nervous- I'm aiming for an A*, and I'm trying to work out how many marks I'd need to get (from the reading and listening) to get into that grade. I've already managed to get full UMS points on the speaking and writing (30/30 on both speaking and writing pieces), so I guess that's a little reassuring!

Bonne chance! :smile:

I'm taking this exam too and I'm hoping for that grade too although my controlled assessments aren't as good as yours I still have a chance. Last year I think the A* boundary for both the reading and this listening was 33, I think the reading boundary may be raised if the paper is easier but I think the listening won't go up anymore,
J'espère
Reply 2
Original post by Wordnerd2
I'm taking this exam too and I'm hoping for that grade too although my controlled assessments aren't as good as yours I still have a chance. Last year I think the A* boundary for both the reading and this listening was 33, I think the reading boundary may be raised if the paper is easier but I think the listening won't go up anymore,
J'espère

Ah, thank you! And I'm sure you'll do brilliantly- I wish you the best of luck!
Reply 3
Original post by pngc
I put 0 effort into French and got one mark into an A in 2 of my CAs and one mark off and A in the other two and I only need 99/120 UMS to get an A so I'm sure you'll be fine 😉 (My teacher worked it out for my class)
Good luck and I hope you get the A* which you deserve 😊

Thank you! Good luck to you too! :smile:
Go Mr King and Miss Kotecha thank you for helping me!!!
Original post by GCShElpme
Thank you! Good luck to you too! :smile:

everyday after school i would try my best but still ended up with Ds in the exams and couple of time i got a U, but i did try really hard with my CAs i got 2A*s and A and B
any ideas for last min help?
Reply 6
Original post by Snakeyyyyyy
everyday after school i would try my best but still ended up with Ds in the exams and couple of time i got a U, but i did try really hard with my CAs i got 2A*s and A and B
any ideas for last min help?

I think the best thing to do now is stay calm don't stress about last minute revision. You probably aalready know this part but remember to go through the the paper at the start and translate any words you see that you know
Good luck!:smile:
Original post by grace143
I think the best thing to do now is stay calm don't stress about last minute revision. You probably aalready know this part but remember to go through the the paper at the start and translate any words you see that you know
Good luck!:smile:

Thankyou so much i really needed that i just wanna pass :frown::smile::angry::h:
How did it go, just got back from mine
:smile:
Was solid, took it at a very academic school and everyone found difficult
oh i go to Watford Grammar School for Boys some say it was easy some say it was hard, i dont feel anything?:s-smilie:
It was definitely quite difficult
Did anything think it was weird on the listening paper that it said "June 2016"?
I found the listening difficult. The reading was much better overall. I was warned however about this year's listening being more difficult than we should anticipate.
It's the June Series - whether it takes place in May or June :smile:
Yeah, I agree. The listening was much more difficult but the reading was easier than normal.
Reply 16
does anybody have an unoficial mark scheme. plz i think i failed. it will be appreciated. safe.
Reply 17
ps. can u send me both the lustening n reading. highly appreciated bro:bban::bl::clap2:
Reply 18
and does anybody know what grade i need for an A* n A. I got A* is 3 of my cw n 1 A
it was weird that they changed the layout i.e. different cover page

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending