The Student Room Group

Edexcel iGCSE Chemistry - 19th May 2016 - Predictions?

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone understand the difference between HCl in water and methylbenzene?
HCl is a gas at rtp, but dissolved in water dissociates and and produces H+ ions, and Cl- ions so it's acidic. HCl in methylbenzene doesn't dissociate, no ions so not acidic. Any hint of water though, and it'll behave like an acid again :smile:
That bio exam was NOTHING like any of the past papers I've seen... It was just random. Like a different syllabus completely!! Good luck tomorrow folks!
Hey guys!!
I'm 12 and i'm taking Chem tomorrow as well, so far I've revised titraion, activation energy, fractional distillation, global dimming, percentage yield, relative formula ,atomic mass, the thermit reaction, exothermic and endothermic, limestone cycle, extracting iron, the haber process, electrolysis of brine, flame test for negative and positive ions, and i done this ALL IN ONE DAY! Bcz yesterday the bio was pretty hard so i just started focusing on Chem because i'm thinking that it will be hard as well lol.
can someone explain addition polymers?
Reply 25
HCL disassociates in water to form H plus ions and OH minus ions and doesn't in methylbenzene - HCL dissolved in water to make Hydrochloric Acid basically
Do we have to learn the formulae of the addition polymers? Do you think they'll give that?
Original post by Droneon
Do we have to learn the formulae of the addition polymers? Do you think they'll give that?

That is only on paper 2.
Reply 28
Original post by preptofail
Can someone explain calimetry for measuring enthalpy changes?

Is that when you do: Change in temp X 4.2 X Amount of water?
Good luck y'all. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
There was hardly any organic chemistry on it! no blast furnace, no electrolysis, no iron or aluminium extraction.... FFS all the things i revise somehow are not in the test. Cheers edexcel you snakes
Reply 31
Easiest exam in the history of chemistry ?!
Reply 32
What did you guys say for the reasons u were supposed to add water and solution y?
Original post by Abodee1
Easiest exam in the history of chemistry ?!

yh that was disgustingly easy
Original post by ursulab
What did you guys say for the reasons u were supposed to add water and solution y?

For water I put:
To remove residual solution X
For solution Y I put:
To remove water
For why there is a difference I put:
Solution Y has a lower concetration
that exam was so satisfying to take
Reply 36
That was probably the easiest Chemistry paper in a while, although I'm now not looking forward to what will be in the paper 2
Reply 37
That's similar to my answer
Reply 38
I found it quite easy but I always make stupid mistakes
Reply 39
Was the backward reaction endo or exo? I wrote endo
And what equation was the right one ? I wrote 3 because it should have half the moles...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending