AS OCR Business 19th and 24th May 2016

Forum set up to discuss thoughts and predictions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How did you find it?
Reply 2
Original post by Holliem1
How did you find it?

I found the first section pretty straight forward.
The concept of the 12 marker was easier than the 20 marker, it took me a few mins to get my head around it.
The only question that really threw me was the one about -3.75 price elasticity... had no clue and came up with an answer of 45.
Reply 3
ah i think we did differnet exam boards then.
I am on OCR and didnt have any questions like that trying to find an unofficial mark scheme but having no luck.
Reply 4
Original post by Holliem1
ah i think we did differnet exam boards then.
I am on OCR and didnt have any questions like that trying to find an unofficial mark scheme but having no luck.

My exam board is OCR too? which paper did you sit? was it local business environments?
Reply 5
It was okay the 20 marker was quite nice but I messed up the income elasticity question though!
Reply 6
Original post by WASHEEM
It was okay the 20 marker was quite nice but I messed up the income elasticity question though!

What did you put?
Reply 7
Didn't end up getting a final answer as I moved on and ran out of time, what about you?
Reply 8
Just to be clear this thread is for the OCR AS Business Paper 1 The Local Business Environment and the Wider Business Environment
Reply 9
Original post by WASHEEM
Didn't end up getting a final answer as I moved on and ran out of time, what about you?

Can you remember what the question was?
Reply 10
Original post by jack_wild7
Can you remember what the question was?

Something about income elasticity of Aston Martin, and then a 4 marker about why working this out would be beneficial I think
Reply 11
Original post by WASHEEM
Something about income elasticity of Aston Martin, and then a 4 marker about why working this out would be beneficial I think

I think you did a different paper to me
Reply 12
Original post by WASHEEM

Ye this 1 I think was on the second q about approved food...the income elascticity of demand was negative and u had to use the demand figure in the case study

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
I got 45 too?! But I thought I was wrong :frown:
Reply 14
Original post by Haliem
I got 45 too?! But I thought I was wrong :frown:

How did you get your answer of 45, I've forgot how i got it !!
Reply 15
can anyone help with finding an unofficial mark scheme please??
For those doing Business AS OCR new spec from 2015 The PED question was to work out the change in Quantity Demanded for the animal business following a change in price, they gave us the PED of -3.75 and the question was tough as it wanted us to do reverse PED out of own knowledge, the price change was 20% from £120 to £96
and if PED =3.75 then to work out % change in QD you had to find out what would give you 3.75 if divided by 20, so you had to do 3.75 x 20 = 75% so following a 20% change in price, then demand would increase by 75% as it is Price elasticity of Demand, in the previous question, it told us that there was 3 orders a month and yearly it would be 36, so 36 X 1.75 (75% percentage increase) would = 63

Very tough question and wouldnt of expected many to understand that unless they have done advanced maths
Reply 17
Original post by G-Unit69
For those doing Business AS OCR new spec from 2015 The PED question was to work out the change in Quantity Demanded for the animal business following a change in price, they gave us the PED of -3.75 and the question was tough as it wanted us to do reverse PED out of own knowledge, the price change was 20% from £120 to £96
and if PED =3.75 then to work out % change in QD you had to find out what would give you 3.75 if divided by 20, so you had to do 3.75 x 20 = 75% so following a 20% change in price, then demand would increase by 75% as it is Price elasticity of Demand, in the previous question, it told us that there was 3 orders a month and yearly it would be 36, so 36 X 1.75 (75% percentage increase) would = 63

Very tough question and wouldnt of expected many to understand that unless they have done advanced maths

Thanks!! DO you know any more answers to the questions in that test??
The question above which needed calculation was 4320 from 120x3 then x12
And for the benefits of faik being a entrepreneur I'd self realisation and more profit
Reply 19
Original post by G-Unit69
The question above which needed calculation was 4320 from 120x3 then x12
And for the benefits of faik being a entrepreneur I'd self realisation and more profit

Thats exactly what i said, Follow passion and make more profit as he struggles to find a job currently

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending