The Student Room Group

Edexcel Unit 1 (IAL): Physics on the Go, WPH01 (24th May 2016)

The paper is around the corner post your doubts here :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Could someone explain this?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Reply 3
Original post by Saad69
Could someone explain this?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Due to Newton's first law, when the train decelerates,a resultant force acts on each of the passengers,but a force is exerted on passengers B and C from the chair in the opposite direction so their forces are balanced and they don't accelerate and remain in their seats, but due to inertia passenger A keeps moving in its initial motion and collides with passenger B.Hence, both passengers A and B may be injured so seat C is the safest.
Reply 4
Thanks
Reply 5
Original post by Saad69
Thanks

you're welcome!
:smile:
Original post by Saad69
How to calculate part ii?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Make the graph an approximate triangle and work out its area, which I think will be the elastic potential energy
Reply 8
Original post by daniellon
Make the graph an approximate triangle and work out its area, which I think will be the elastic potential energy

Could you try solving for me?
Dear friends;
i am a new member of TSR and i really need help. I could not use the raw to ums converter from edexcel website and i want to request for something. Can you plz help me somehow by telling me the minimum raw marks required to get full ums marks in 2016jan physics unit 1 edexcel paper. plz help me i really need to know. the only subject that is frightening me is this unit 1 and i am really scared... so plz my dear friend plz help me. thanks
Reply 10
Original post by AbhishekLad
Dear friends;
i am a new member of TSR and i really need help. I could not use the raw to ums converter from edexcel website and i want to request for something. Can you plz help me somehow by telling me the minimum raw marks required to get full ums marks in 2016jan physics unit 1 edexcel paper. plz help me i really need to know. the only subject that is frightening me is this unit 1 and i am really scared... so plz my dear friend plz help me. thanks

will this help?
https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Grade-boundaries/International-A-level/1601-IAL-Grade-Boundaries.pdf
Reply 11
unit 3 forum was way more active
Reply 12
Original post by djmans
unit 3 forum was way more active

true...
Reply 13
I think ppl stopped caring

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Need help in this question can anyone tell me what to write the ans thanx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by Komol
Need help in this question can anyone tell me what to write the ans thanxPosted from TSR Mobile

As the balloon rises the density of the air decreases (becomes thinner). The upthrust on the balloon is proprional to density, hence upthrust will reduce. The volume of the displaced air increases as the balloon expands. This increases the upthrust on the balloon. However the decrease in density has more of an effect than the increase in volume, hence the upthrust reduces.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Lewi348
As the balloon rises the density of the air decreases (becomes thinner). The upthrust on the balloon is proprional to density, hence upthrust will reduce. The volume of the displaced air increases as the balloon expands. This increases the upthrust on the balloon. However the decrease in density has more of an effect than the increase in volume, hence the upthrust reduces.

Thanx:getmecoat:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do the IAL papers use the same specification as the normal papers?

(I am retaking so doing old spec)
(edited 7 years ago)
Exams tomorrow, I'm really nervous :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending