The Student Room Group

CCEA M1 Mechanics 25th May 2016

How is everyone for the exam?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Seano704
How is everyone for the exam?

Quite well prepared by now, with all the past papers done at least once. After a difficult C1 paper I hope they aren't cruel to us on Wednesday:redface:

How are you feeling? Do you have any predictions?
Reply 2
Original post by ozmo19
Quite well prepared by now, with all the past papers done at least once. After a difficult C1 paper I hope they aren't cruel to us on Wednesday:redface:

How are you feeling? Do you have any predictions?

I find M1 the easiest out of all the modules probably because I done further maths GCSE and I do Physics A Level so should go well hopefully

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Seano704
I find M1 the easiest out of all the modules probably because I done further maths GCSE and I do Physics A Level so should go well hopefully
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah M1 isn't that difficult. Im hoping we don't get a tough impulse/lift question though:biggrin:
Are you repeating it?
Reply 4
No I did C1 C2 and S1 last year then C3 C4 and M1 this year and C2 repeat

Posted from TSR Mobile
Starting to feel the nerves to be honest. At first glance i thought this would be easy but upon doing the past papers theres a few nasty ones i wouldnt know how to do if i got them
Lets hope they arent too bad on wednesday!
Reply 6
Original post by Blackstar152
Starting to feel the nerves to be honest. At first glance i thought this would be easy but upon doing the past papers theres a few nasty ones i wouldnt know how to do if i got them
Lets hope they arent too bad on wednesday!

Any suggestions on difficult questions to try? Anyone? Just give the year and question number please 👌🏻

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
A hard lift question would be horrible, its the reaction I can never get with it.

What I have noticed was
-Variable acceleration was examined very little last year, maybe a bit more this year!
-It has been quite a number of years since a car and trailer question [Hopefully you know the one I mean] so there is a good chance it could come up!
Can you repeat single modules next year? Or would I have to repeat the whole AS course?
Reply 9
Original post by John5678
A hard lift question would be horrible, its the reaction I can never get with it.

What I have noticed was
-Variable acceleration was examined very little last year, maybe a bit more this year!
-It has been quite a number of years since a car and trailer question [Hopefully you know the one I mean] so there is a good chance it could come up!

I like those connected particle questions. I hope its straightforward, i.e. just calculate a and T.

Original post by paniccentral
Can you repeat single modules next year? Or would I have to repeat the whole AS course?

I take it you are dropping Maths after AS? You can repeat single modules as long as you don't cash it in I believe.
What are the main equations that we would need to know, i.e. impulse
Reply 11
Original post by John5678

What I have noticed was

They haven't asked lifts in a long time, right...? :frown:
Reply 12
Original post by Xsk
They haven't asked lifts in a long time, right...? :frown:

May 13 was the last. I think we are due one:angry:I absolutely hate lift questions
Reply 13
Original post by paniccentral
What are the main equations that we would need to know, i.e. impulse

-Impulse = Ft = mv - mu
-You need to know the four constant acceleration equations as well (the ones with v u a s & t)
-Moment = Force x perp. distance from pivot
-Momentum = mass x velocity
-Friction = uR
-F(resultant)=ma
I think there the only equations excluding basic things like basic trig, Pythagoras etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ozmo19
May 13 was the last. I think we are due one:angry:I absolutely hate lift questions

are you repeating?
last years paper had a few tricky qu's such as pully and ladder so hopefully they won't come up as the hard ones!!
Reply 15
Original post by Sparklez10
are you repeating?
last years paper had a few tricky qu's such as pully and ladder so hopefully they won't come up as the hard ones!!

Nope, i'm still lower sixth. I just did the pulley question, the resultant part was really the only hard part. It was really different to other ppqs but I doubt they'll give us something like that this year. I quite liked the ladder question on last year's and q8 was quite nice too. I wouldn't mind a hinge question for q7/8.

Good luck tomorrow!!!
i don't like v/t graphs, i find it hard to know what they're asking and its always hard to factorise when the coefficient is 4.9t^2
Original post by ozmo19
Nope, i'm still lower sixth. I just did the pulley question, the resultant part was really the only hard part. It was really different to other ppqs but I doubt they'll give us something like that this year. I quite liked the ladder question on last year's and q8 was quite nice too. I wouldn't mind a hinge question for q7/8.

Good luck tomorrow!!!

im U6, got a B last year so resitting to bump it up!!
good luck to you too!! come on ccea be kind:flutter:
Reply 18
Original post by Sparklez10
come on ccea be kind:flutter:

Here's hoping:s-smilie:
We'll discuss their cruelty later on:tongue:
how did everyone find it ? and does anyone have the paper/unofficial mark scheme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending