The Student Room Group

Freshers bucket list

So, what are some must do's for freshers?
get drunk
meet gash
take 1 home
Original post by Noodlzzz

-Get involved with societies and actually stick to them
-Go clubbing at least once
-Go to a house party
-Visit famous landmarks in the city
-Actually work hard-doing well in first year will act as a solid foundation for subsequent years which count towards your final classification
-Don't be afraid to talk to people-yeah you might meet people you don't get on, but you'll meet 5 times as many you do get on with who'll become really good friends
Original post by marinara pizza
get drunk
meet gash
take 1 home

no
Original post by super_kawaii
-Go to a house party
-Actually work hard-doing well in first year will act as a solid foundation for subsequent years which count towards your final classification
-Don't be afraid to talk to people-yeah you might meet people you don't get on, but you'll meet 5 times as many you do get on with who'll become really good friends

Pretty much this.
Original post by preetg97
no

im guessing you're one of those people who doesnt drink and stays in their room all week?
Original post by marinara pizza
im guessing you're one of those people who doesnt drink and stays in their room all week?

And how exactly did you infer that from my reply? I went out every night during freshers last year. Just because I don't think freshers is all about getting laid, doesn't make me a bore.
-Go to a house party

woah :O this gets me more excited about going to university, i've never been to a house party, i went clubbing once for my friend's 18th but it was a Rock metal club, i dont think i need to see famous landmarks in London as i live there and travel through there everyday and i hope to study and actually make friends for once XD (i've been an antisocial loner at college for the past 2 years)
Original post by kasumikat
woah :O this gets me more excited about going to university, i've never been to a house party, i went clubbing once for my friend's 18th but it was a Rock metal club, i dont think i need to see famous landmarks in London as i live there and travel through there everyday and i hope to study and actually make friends for once XD (i've been an antisocial loner at college for the past 2 years)

House parties happen quite often at uni, especially in first year in halls.

How come you don't want to move to a different city?
House parties happen quite often at uni, especially in first year in halls.

How come you don't want to move to a different city?

I feel so excited that I'm going to have an actual social life than playing games and slurping with friends :biggrin:

Like I am going into a university outside of London (I really wanted to go somewhere different than London) but the University or even classmates would most probably want to go to trips into central London... If it's somewhere I haven't been that's not in London I'll definitely go, that's why I want to study abroad in Japan in the next few years
Original post by Noodlzzz

Attempt to go to every night out run by your SU, some may be amazing, others may be crap but it'll still be fun and always an opportunity to meet new people. Throw flat parties, go to flat parties, meet people off other courses, play loads of drinking games, take loads of pictures and attempt to experience the nightlife in the city!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending