The Student Room Group

Eddie Izzard talks to you about the EU Referendum! Monday 23rd May

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by James A
woohoo Eddie has arrived at Reading and they'll be doing a live periscope of a debate at the uni

"Debate"

Does this mean he'll sit and ignore 90% of the questions he's asked again? :biggrin:

Eddie's already spoiled his whole tour with this single thread (and yes, I took screenshots for posterity)
Original post by EuanF
"Debate"

Does this mean he'll sit and ignore 90% of the questions he's asked again? :biggrin:

Eddie's already spoiled his whole tour with this single thread (and yes, I took screenshots for posterity)

haha yeah it will be a 'debate' :rofl: :biggrin:
Reply 162
Original post by James A
haha yeah it will be a 'debate' :rofl: :biggrin:

Oh, ouch, he's up against Hannan too...

This really isn't starting off well for Izzard is it?
Hannan will crush Izzard
You haven't given any examples of Farage telling outright lies, but nobody mentioned him anyway. I certainly don't support everything he says.
Original post by EuanF
"Debate"

haha! :smile:
Original post by BioGeek
Hannan will crush Izzard

Not really a fair fight, is it?
Half way through the reading 'debate' and Izzard is really out of his depth. The remain camp could have used so many other figures but they choose someone who seems incapable of forming a coherent argument.

I hope that there are more of these debates
Original post by The_Dragon_
Half way through the reading 'debate' and Izzard is really out of his depth. The remain camp could have used so many other figures but they choose someone who seems incapable of forming a coherent argument.

And against somebody who's job it is to make coherent arguments. If celebrities are going to be debating it should be against other celebrities, not professionals.
Original post by Jammy Duel
And against somebody who's job it is to make coherent arguments. If celebrities are going to be debating it should be against other celebrities, not professionals.

I think you missed my point. I was criticising the remain camp for pushing someone who lacks intellectual capability to the front of the student campaign, despite the vast reserves of other celebs they could call up instead.

To put a comedian up against someone with such powerful rhetoric as Dan Hannon was abit careless.
I think you missed my point. I was criticising the remain camp for pushing someone who lacks intellectual capability to the front of the student campaign, despite the vast reserves of other celebs they could call up instead.

To put a comedian up against someone with such powerful rhetoric as Dan Hannon was abit careless.

I would say that pretty much any celebrity would fail, it would be careless with pretty much all of them, at least those that would actually be willing to do it.
Reply 171

Where'd you see it? Live or online?

Bit of a mess for Izzard so far it seems - being out of his depth on a student forum and then going up against Hannan.
Original post by EuanF
Where'd you see it? Live or online?

Bit of a mess for Izzard so far it seems - being out of his depth on a student forum and then going up against Hannan.

It was streamed on periscope, but im sure it will be online soon
I like Izzard, I like his act. But like Brand he should've stuck to the day job. The fact that people listen to you doesn't mean you have an opinion worth hearing on every topic and I think these celebrities often forget it.
Just got to the end of the opening statements and there are no surprises, Eddie spent 10 minutes dithering and saying little, Dan spent nearly 20 making point after point

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending