The Student Room Group

My application to sfe wasn't approved

Can I please get help on what to do and how to appeal sfe's decision regarding my application? My application wasn't approved based on 3yrs lawful residence in England. I have been lawfully resident since 2017. I'm a non EU with DL but applied based on 20yr residence in England. I applied to the EU settlement scheme about 3 months before my first leave expired in August 2019, I even got a job in September 2019 and I'm still in the job, I always present my certificate of Application as proof of right to work and live in England to my employer as I was meant to rely on my precious leave and right since I didn't breach any immigration rule and didn't overstay by not putting in my application in time. My EU application was denied on the 11th of November 2020 and I put in an application to my normal 10yr route within 14 days on the 23rd of Nov 2020, I have since received my second biometric resident permit since July 2021, I sent all letters, proofs and evidences to sfe and my application was denied and the reason stated was that I haven't been lawfully resident for 3yrs preceding my course in Sept. I was so disappointed! How? I've already been given an offer to start on the 11th of September, what do I do?
Original post by Tolumorah
Can I please get help on what to do and how to appeal sfe's decision regarding my application? My application wasn't approved based on 3yrs lawful residence in England. I have been lawfully resident since 2017. I'm a non EU with DL but applied based on 20yr residence in England. I applied to the EU settlement scheme about 3 months before my first leave expired in August 2019, I even got a job in September 2019 and I'm still in the job, I always present my certificate of Application as proof of right to work and live in England to my employer as I was meant to rely on my precious leave and right since I didn't breach any immigration rule and didn't overstay by not putting in my application in time. My EU application was denied on the 11th of November 2020 and I put in an application to my normal 10yr route within 14 days on the 23rd of Nov 2020, I have since received my second biometric resident permit since July 2021, I sent all letters, proofs and evidences to sfe and my application was denied and the reason stated was that I haven't been lawfully resident for 3yrs preceding my course in Sept. I was so disappointed! How? I've already been given an offer to start on the 11th of September, what do I do?

Hi there,

You will need to start a live chat on your account or call us so that an adviser can check the account for you.

0300 100 0607

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Thank you Ckare

Original post by SFE Clare
Hi there,

You will need to start a live chat on your account or call us so that an adviser can check the account for you.

0300 100 0607

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thank you for your response Clare. I've called this morning and the adviser felt my application wasn't properly looked into and from what he could see, the reason for the decision says I've only been lawfully resident in England for 2 years, for some reasons which he didn't understand, my previous leave and the other supporting documents to proof my 3yr lawful residence may not have been seen. I was on the phone for about an hr because he was also calling the team involved. He eventually asked me to upload all the documents again with a cover letter explaining my situation and also go ahead to appeal it. He said he didn't see any reason why I wasn't approved.
Original post by Tolumorah
Thank you Ckare

You're welcome, have a lovely day. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending