How was Geography (AQA A)?

Scroll to see replies

I put mount saint helens
Original post by NiamhM1801
When I saw that question I was genuinely like 'naaa are you having a laugh' 😂
THERE WAS NO WAVE 😂😂

there was...
Original post by 1jonam16
There was a lot of deposition and the reason the crest is so high is because of the artificial barricade, rather than a natural one - it wasn't that tall too.

Nah, bro, attached is a constructive wave which defnitely wouldn't make such a big splash
What happens if you accidentally answered another question like 1,2,3 and 7 what do the examiners do?i think I may have answered another question as I answered about abrasion and attrition but can't remember what questions were after it and may not have crossed it out:/
you just quelled your own doubts, constructive waves have a powerful swash, destructive have a powerful BACKswash and yh i think AQA were trying to trick

oops you're right, i guess i did:colondollar:
Original post by vincentvangogh
destructive wave, high frequency 10-14 per minute, steep and high, backwash stronger than swash

what did you put for how do constructive waves shape the coast? you don't need to write about longshore drift right?

I left it blank lmao

And for that one I put that constructive waves form beaches as they have a strong swash to bring material like sand and shingle on to the beach. Because sand particles are so small the weak backwash (typical of constructive waves) is strong enough to pull it back creating a wide, flat sandy beach. Because shingle particles are much bigger, the weak backwash doesn't have enough energy to pull them back so instead it forms a narrow, steep shingle beach.

Had no idea :s-smilie:
Original post by slop10
you had to look closely there were like a few dots in the sea couldve been stack or stump

If you read the key at the bottom you would of found out that was just large boulders
Original post by Perfection Ace
For the question about a case study about fold mountains, in the question, it said discuss how people living there are adapted to difficult living styles or w/e. Therefore, I didn't write about HEP, Mining, Tourism and Farming for uses. I had revised adaptations the day before and some points I included were:

-High slopes had infertile soil - therefore, llamas and goats are farmed there
-Consequently, the lower slopes had fertile soil, therefore crops could be grown there
- Limited communications - roads were long and would take ages traveling, therefore, they were adapted to this by building tunnels through the mountains for shortcuts.
-Because they live near mountains and there are hazards such as avalanches - they adapted to this by building large trees to absorb the impact.

So yeah, I think I'm literally the only one who put those down. Either I'm the only one who got that question right, or everyone else got it right and I didn't.......:redface:

*ps, in the spec it says candidates should be aware of how people are ADAPTED to living in tough, extreme places*

Well done to everyone nonetheless! :smile:

I wrote that aswell...what did everyone else write about then?
Found it bless easy.Hopefully i got an A* but i wouldn't mind an A cuz i did lost some petty marks.Yhhh
Original post by thomas-cowley
I agree, but a 12 mark A* increase? I think it'll be more like 8 at most.

What was it out of
Original post by Jamie Vardy
Unlucky for them, they'll have to make do with C/D grades.

Absoloute hypocritical plonker.Weren't you the same chap who was complaining about how the English students were too arrogant.I say you STFU cuz u yourself may underachieve,you complainer.
Original post by Melissa1945
I wrote that aswell...what did everyone else write about then?

They wrote about the uses of fold mountains, aka HEP, Mining, Forestry, Tourism and Farming...:smile:
there was...

There was only the flipping splashback of when it had crashed what was I supposed to write? It's spread everywhere because it's water and water spreads out? I left it blank
Original post by Anonymous1705
Nah, bro, attached is a constructive wave which defnitely wouldn't make such a big splash

But the splash was powerful and also it was an artificial barricade which caused that?
Original post by Perfection Ace
For the question about a case study about fold mountains, in the question, it said discuss how people living there are adapted to difficult living styles or w/e. Therefore, I didn't write about HEP, Mining, Tourism and Farming for uses. I had revised adaptations the day before and some points I included were:

-High slopes had infertile soil - therefore, llamas and goats are farmed there
-Consequently, the lower slopes had fertile soil, therefore crops could be grown there
- Limited communications - roads were long and would take ages traveling, therefore, they were adapted to this by building tunnels through the mountains for shortcuts.
-Because they live near mountains and there are hazards such as avalanches - they adapted to this by building large trees to absorb the impact.

So yeah, I think I'm literally the only one who put those down. Either I'm the only one who got that question right, or everyone else got it right and I didn't.......:redface:

*ps, in the spec it says candidates should be aware of how people are ADAPTED to living in tough, extreme places*

Well done to everyone nonetheless! :smile:

Wouldn't hep be an adaptation of the fold mountains as you're using the steep valleys etc
Tourism you're using the fold mountains provides jobs helps conditions by providing income
I think perhaps you're slightly overthinking it but who knows :smile:
Hated this paper. I mean it's my fault, I didn't revise for it enough.
Easy if you revised especially case studies seeing as every 8 marker asked for one, which is unusual, hard if not basically.
And some of the insert questions were terrible.
Original post by amanii_ox
GEOGRAPHY AQA A PEOPLE!! HIGHER...

THE FIRST QUESTION IN THE LITTLE TABLE,...
it asked something like 24^ WEST and sometreitng 65^NORTH or something like that, they asked what volcano or something was on the map

I got Mount St Helens or something
Pretty easy overall, especially the 8 markers! I think maybe 54/55 a*?
Original post by Job738338
Wouldn't hep be an adaptation of the fold mountains as you're using the steep valleys etc
Tourism you're using the fold mountains provides jobs helps conditions by providing income
I think perhaps you're slightly overthinking it but who knows :smile:

Well that's the thing, is that an adaptation to difficult conditions? Who knows bro :wink:
I did:

The restless Earth
Rocks, resources and scenery
Water on the land

The restless earth case study question - omg, what a dream! How people have adapted to the Alps! My teacher predicted this LOL!
Rocks, resources and scenery case study question - I wanted to jump out of my seat and hug everyone! Easy question!
Water on the land case study question - meh... I probably lost 4 marks... didn't put much down because I didn't really know what to put! :s-smilie:

However, now that everyone said that they found it easy, it scares me that the grade boundaries will be a new record to get an A* and I am slightly worried... I really need an A* in this course so God help me!

And here's something funny. Some guy doing foundation answered 4 questions of which 2 of them he hadn't even been taught! How do you answer a question on something you've not been taught???!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending