The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Level Government and Politics: People and Politics Mon 6 Jun AM

Anyone doing this particular exam?
Place for resources to be posted here.

Scroll to see replies

I am :smile:

Did a mock on it the other day, easy as. It'll be a nice easy (non-linear) subject to get out the way I reckon.
Reply 2
Original post by TDChattell
I am :smile:

Did a mock on it the other day, easy as. It'll be a nice easy (non-linear) subject to get out the way I reckon.

Did you do the 2015 paper? It was hard af for me! I got a D 😂
Original post by help4exams
Did you do the 2015 paper? It was hard af for me! I got a D 😂

Join the club i got a D as well , i feel stressed and i'm not sure what if i will be prepared for the real exams , any tips?
Reply 4
Original post by somebodysaveme
Join the club i got a D as well , i feel stressed and i'm not sure what if i will be prepared for the real exams , any tips?

Yhh same tbh, I was recommended to buy these books:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/My-Revision-Notes-Government-Politics/dp/1444154877
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-Government-Politics-Student-Guide/dp/144414815X/ref=pd_bxgy_14_img_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1BXAH1YD53W997Q9K4DF
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-Government-Politics-Student-Guide/dp/1444148125/ref=pd_bxgy_14_img_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=02RFDYW3GA2STSQF0M32

They are a good starting point for revision, oh and the edexcel textbook alongside it too.
Reply 5
Yepp! :hello:

Surprised to see the 2015 papers are up! I had a look through, I thought the paper was really good last year!
What did you lot think of it?
Original post by aamirac

Surprised to see the 2015 papers are up! I had a look through, I thought the paper was really good last year!

I did the 2015 Unit 1 paper in class as a mock, and I thought it was great. Haven't looked at Unit 2 yet though.
Reply 7
Original post by Abstract_Prism
I did the 2015 Unit 1 paper in class as a mock, and I thought it was great. Haven't looked at Unit 2 yet though.

Same. I would have loved that paper this year :redface:

Unit 2 is quite good too! Quite happy with the 40 mark question. :yep:
Reply 8
Original post by aamirac

You're kidding! I thought it was ****ing hard! And yeah they're usually up by this time of year.
Reply 9
You're kidding! I thought it was ****ing hard! And yeah they're usually up by this time of year.

ngl, politics is my worst subject but I thought they were quite alright! :biggrin:
Just surprised that's all. :redface:
resitting this unit as i got a B in this exam last year :frown: really need to start revising
Re-sitting this as I got a B last year! One thing I would recommend is to use as up to date and modern examples as possible (nothing pre 2000 - unless to add context) because my teacher said that's what brought my grade down.
Use 2015 election statistics and for electoral systems revision learn examples from the recent 2016 elections for London mayor and Scottish parliament!
hiya i'm also doing this exam and i really need tips for how to retain so much information for the essays! im finding it pretty hard revising and am in desperate need of help + advice??
Reply 13
Anyone got any revision tools for this? Books? Websites?
Reply 14
can't we merge this into the other thread....there is no point having multiple threads tbh
Reply 15
Original post by xxvine
can't we merge this into the other thread....there is no point having multiple threads tbh

What other thread?
What other thread?

This is the other thread
I'm also getting ready for the exam, any good websites to revise from
Reply 18
Original post by alfiebob99
I'm also getting ready for the exam, any good websites to revise from

what topics are you going to learn?
Any predictions for questions this year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending