The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry Salters B F331 27th May 2016 (Old specification)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by Daniel9998
well thats a slap in the face

can you remember how many marks that q was? hopefully it was only 2
Original post by jack.lp.thompson
It said '(not any ringed structures)'

oh ffs.. well goodbye to full ums then........................
Original post by Kaz_96
can you remember how many marks that q was? hopefully it was only 2

2 marks
Reply 223
2 marks

Chances of me getting 1 mark for drawing 2 correct isomers but branched? 0.0001%?? LOL
Original post by Kaz_96
Chances of me getting 1 mark for drawing 2 correct isomers but branched? 0.0001%?? LOL

0.0001% chance, thats if the examiner is high
Reply 225
0.0001% chance, thats if the examiner is high

Haha, so so annoying
AHHH I wrote NO2 is toxic then I crossed that out ffs..... I wrote use a fume cupboard
How many marks was the +41 enthalpy change Q?
grade boundaries this year?
47 for an A and 55 for 100% ums
Original post by Daribig
47 for an A and 55 for 100% ums

how do you know the grade boundaries? are they published this early
What do people think the grade boundaries will be like, since only this exam is sat but resitters it would suggest the grade boundaries would be high, but the examiners will know this and they might take into account no AS students sat it so it would be unfair to raise them to anything above 49?
Reply 232
I got the paper if anyone would like a question/marks. Also my chemistry teacher said that they don't take into account the previous years paper at all (he marks for OCR). The boundaries depend on how well everyone does because they set them based on that.
For the energy density question, did anyone get +198 KjKg-1
butan-1-ol and butan-2-ol

I wrote butanol and butan-2-ol

Do you think the examiner is nice enough to give me the mark for butanol, since it's basically the same as butan-1-ol?
Original post by smm90
I got the paper if anyone would like a question/marks. Also my chemistry teacher said that they don't take into account the previous years paper at all (he marks for OCR). The boundaries depend on how well everyone does because they set them based on that.

Please could you scan it and post it on here please or pm me! 😊
Reply 236
Original post by jack.lp.thompson
Please could you scan it and post it on here please or pm me! 😊

Oh god I'm really bad with computers and don't know how to scan... I could try though... or send pictures of the pages?
Original post by smm90

yeh send it to me please :smile:
take pics of it
Original post by KINGYusuf
I wrote butanol and butan-2-ol

Do you think the examiner is nice enough to give me the mark for butanol, since it's basically the same as butan-1-ol?

oo not sure, I doubt it but depends how nice the examiner is
Original post by smm90
Oh god I'm really bad with computers and don't know how to scan... I could try though... or send pictures of the pages?

Could you send it to me please aswell ☺️☺️

Quick Reply

Latest