The Student Room Group

WJEC C3/C4 8th/17th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IrrationalRoot
Factorise.

it still wouldn't give the answer that you have given
Factorise.

While it is possible to simplify it, it's actually no more simpler than what the other thing. If this year is like any other previous years, either will be accepted
Anyone fancy chucking the mathemateg mark scheme on here because i cant get it. Would be brill!
Original post by chrissypie666
While it is possible to simplify it, it's actually no more simpler than what the other thing. If this year is like any other previous years, either will be accepted

is certainly simpler than the other thing and the reason everything cancels nicely when you factorise it is because the examiners purposely made it like that. You will drop a mark at least for not factorising.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ceridwen101
it still wouldn't give the answer that you have given

Well sorry to say this but that means you can't factorise correctly.
Original post by Hydeman
Would it count if I took 6e^6x out and put the rest in brackets? Or would that not be considered fully simplified?

Not particularly because the simplification the examiners intended was for the 2s to cancel out nicely when you factorise the polynomial parts too. Just taking out 6e^6x doesn't really make it that much simpler but it's on the right lines.
is certainly simpler than the other thing and the reason everything cancels nicely when you factorise it is because the examiners purposely made it like that. You will drop a mark at least for not factorising.

Are you sure that's right? Wouldn't it go to 6e^6x (3x-2)^3 (2+(3x-2))? that seems much less simple than the original answer imho.
(edited 7 years ago)
Dont worry about me then, how do i get to the unofficial mark scheme? Or does no one have it?
Not the one that @IrrationalRoot did but 10 for effort anyway
Are you sure that's right? Wouldn't it go to 6e^6x (3x-2)^3 (2+(3x-2))? that seems much less simple than the original answer imho.

Not if you notice that 2-2=0...
I can't access the mathemateg mark scheme either :frown:
Original post by Dominae
I can't access the mathemateg mark scheme either :frown:

Do you look like your picture or are you catfishing us all
Not if you notice that 2-2=0...

You're not wrong there haha. How many marks would have been lost if I left it as 12e^6x(3x-2)^3 + 6e^6x(3x-2)^4?
You're not wrong there haha. How many marks would have been lost if I left it as 12e^6x(3x-2)^3 + 6e^6x(3x-2)^4?

1 mark. It was 4 marks so one was definitely for simplifying.
But dw lots of people would have made the same mistake.
Original post by Sweat12
Do you look like your picture or are you catfishing us all

I wish I looked like my picture, wine glass and all.
(edited 7 years ago)
Can someone link the mathemateg mark scheme as it won't let me open it
Original post by 98matt
Can someone link the mathemateg mark scheme as it won't let me open it

Be surprised if anyone does, too busy pretending they got full marks. Fingers crossed someone does.
Can someone quote me when somebody posts an unofficial mark scheme? Thanks :smile:
Original post by Dominae
Can someone quote me when somebody posts an unofficial mark scheme? Thanks :smile:

Post 89 in this thread.
image.png
image.png

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending