The Student Room Group

WJEC C1 - May 18th 2016

Scroll to see replies

I didn't think C1 was as bad as some of the papers we've had before but there were one or two questions that you could trip over on. I'm really hoping that C2, 3 and 4 follow the same pattern with them not being too difficult
I hope our c2 exam on Wednesday isn't hard
Original post by Luketidley
I hope our c2 exam on Wednesday isn't hard

The more hard the more fun!
Original post by nickydakid
The more hard the more fun!

Just had the exam, found it really tough in places.
Original post by Luketidley
Just had the exam, found it really tough in places.

Was certainly a more challenging paper! I think I've done all good except for part c of sine/cosine and the equation of c2.

The geometric progression question was pretty tricky in terms of algebra, but I did come out with -2/3.

The arithmetic progression was expected as I had been doing edexcel papers which regularly ask similar questions.

Logs was quite tricky but I got z = 4/d

For this paper, I'd say that 100ums will be 68 or 69 marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What do you think the grade boundaries will be roughly? For an A or a B? I am hoping my marks from c1 will boost my c2 grade up as I didn't do that well today. I'm hoping for a high A in m1 too.
There is a c2 thread going on by the way!
Think I only lost around 4 marks which is brilliant!

Original post by PedanticStudent
According to those marking schemes, I've lost around 6 marks so I'm pleased if that's the case as I felt the exam hadn't gone very well
Original post by luciemorgan1999
According to those marking schemes, I've lost around 6 marks so I'm pleased if that's the case as I felt the exam hadn't gone very well

Good job. I predict that i got a pessimistic 67/75 (scrape 90 ums as 74/75 will likely be 100ums) depends on whether they rob me of the last mark of the first principles question which usually happens to a lot of people apparently, with an optimistic 71/75

Best of luck with M1 if you are sitting it a week Tuesday.
Original post by PedanticStudent
Good job. I predict that i got a pessimistic 67/75 (scrape 90 ums as 74/75 will likely be 100ums) depends on whether they rob me of the last mark of the first principles question which usually happens to a lot of people apparently, with an optimistic 71/75

Best of luck with M1 if you are sitting it a week Tuesday.

I'm sitting S1 but good luck to you☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending