The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL MSc in Countering organized crime and terrorism

Hey guys, is there anyone also applied to the MSc in Countering organized crime and terrorism at UCL?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi. Yes, I actually just received a conditional offer for the course.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by MDK789
Hi. Yes, I actually just received a conditional offer for the course.

Congrats on the offer! May I ask how long did it take to get an offer? I just submitted the application days ago and one of my referees is still working on the reference letter. Just want to have an idea about how long it averagely take.

I'm just concerned about it (I know this sounds like an "of course" thing because we would all be concerned until the results), but do you think it was hard to get in, given that we meet the entry requirement?

Did you choose between KCL and UCL?

Thanks. Great to have someone to talk about this.
Reply 3
Original post by Gchief
Congrats on the offer! May I ask how long did it take to get an offer? I just submitted the application days ago and one of my referees is still working on the reference letter. Just want to have an idea about how long it averagely take.

I'm just concerned about it (I know this sounds like an "of course" thing because we would all be concerned until the results), but do you think it was hard to get in, given that we meet the entry requirement?

Did you choose between KCL and UCL?

Thanks. Great to have someone to talk about this.

The offer came in exactly 8 weeks from the day my referees submitted their references. No, I didn't feel KCL was right for me so I didn't apply there. But yeah I haven't found anyone else on here who has applied for this course, so likewise.
As long as you meet the requirements there should not be any reason for you to worry, i was told this by the course leader during the course open day.
Reply 4
Original post by MDK789
The offer came in exactly 8 weeks from the day my referees submitted their references. No, I didn't feel KCL was right for me so I didn't apply there. But yeah I haven't found anyone else on here who has applied for this course, so likewise.
As long as you meet the requirements there should not be any reason for you to worry, i was told this by the course leader during the course open day.

Thank you so much! I feel much better now. Hopefully it'll be good news and keep in touch!
Reply 5
Hi, I have also received a conditional offer. I wouldn't be too worried if you meet the requirements & it took approx 6 weeks from the date your referees also submit.
Reply 6
Original post by JAHosrs
Hi, I have also received a conditional offer. I wouldn't be too worried if you meet the requirements & it took approx 6 weeks from the date your referees also submit.

Hey, thanks for the message and congrats on the offer! I have met the GPA's entry requirement but I'm from a political science background instead of engineering or psychology etc. Do you know if this will affect?

Reply 7
Original post by Gchief
Hey, thanks for the message and congrats on the offer! I have met the GPA's entry requirement but I'm from a political science background instead of engineering or psychology etc. Do you know if this will affect?

From what I gathered at the open evening, the Crime Science department is open to a wide range of subjects and encourage different perspective on the modules/ issues. A large emphasis is placed upon quantitative methodology so i'm sure a political science background would be fine!
Reply 8
Original post by JAHosrs
From what I gathered at the open evening, the Crime Science department is open to a wide range of subjects and encourage different perspective on the modules/ issues. A large emphasis is placed upon quantitative methodology so i'm sure a political science background would be fine!

Thanks so much! :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by MDK789

Hi, did you receive any update? like a formal offer to this program? My waiting time is now four weeks and the status is still "application under assessment". Just kind of wanted to have an idea about the competition to this program. Thanks :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by JAHosrs

Hi, did you receive any update? like a formal offer to this program? My waiting time is now four weeks and the status is still "application under assessment". Just kind of wanted to have an idea about the competition to this program. Thanks :smile:
Halo, I've received an unconditional email from UCL.
Reply 12
Original post by Haileylwy
Halo, I've received an unconditional email from UCL.

Oh hi Congratulations! When did you apply for the program?
Original post by Gchief
Oh hi Congratulations! When did you apply for the program?

I applied it on Oct 2016 and got the offer on Jan 2017. How about you?
Reply 14
I applied it on Oct 2016 and got the offer on Jan 2017. How about you?

Oh that's a long waiting time. If I understand it correctly, you received a conditional offer in Jan and the offer becomes unconditional recently right? That's such a long waiting time omg!

I submitted the application on May. 18th with all the references and final transcript submitted. And the status is now still "under assessment".

I'm really worried now. You received the unconditional offer, meaning that they are making final decisions and giving offers these days. So stressed out. Fingers crossed.
Original post by Gchief
Oh that's a long waiting time. If I understand it correctly, you received a conditional offer in Jan and the offer becomes unconditional recently right? That's such a long waiting time omg!

I submitted the application on May. 18th with all the references and final transcript submitted. And the status is now still "under assessment".

I'm really worried now. You received the unconditional offer, meaning that they are making final decisions and giving offers these days. So stressed out. Fingers crossed.

Ummm,,, I didn't receive a conditional offer and they just sent me an unconditional offer directly on Jan. Have you tried to contact them?
Reply 16
Ummm,,, I didn't receive a conditional offer and they just sent me an unconditional offer directly on Jan. Have you tried to contact them?

Oh I see. I think I wanted to contact them but I'm just scared.......hah.. Maybe I will if I do not receive updates from the admission this week. Hopefully it'll be good news:smile:
Hi there! I just received an unconditionnal offer from UCL for the MSc in Countering Organised Crime and Terrorism. I was just wondering what kind of backgrounds you guys have and what your plans are in the future (police/psychology/research/consulting, etc.). Thanks !PS: For those who are still waiting for an answer, I received my answer in about 4 weeks.
Reply 18
Hiya. Just received an unconditional offer to study this course. I applied on the deadline (28 July) and references were all in by 4 August. Offer came on the 18th but only showed up on the 22nd. I'm guessing that if there are any outstanding applications it won't be long now until they're answered.

Hope it's good news and see you there! :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by eaa1996
Hiya. Just received an unconditional offer to study this course. I applied on the deadline (28 July) and references were all in by 4 August. Offer came on the 18th but only showed up on the 22nd. I'm guessing that if there are any outstanding applications it won't be long now until they're answered.

Hope it's good news and see you there! :smile:

Hey, Congrats! May I ask what kind of background you've got and why you took the program? Are you an international or UK student? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending