The Student Room Group

OCR History Controlled Assessment-Black Civil Rights-2016

I did the OCR History Controlled Assessment on Black Civil Rights this year and my teacher told me that my mark for it was in the "top band" but could not tell me me any more. The assessment was out of 50. Could anyone tell me what this mark could be?
Reply 1
Hmmm I can't really remember everything but I'm pretty sure it would give you either an A* or A. I am pretty sure you can get an A even if you're top band because there are 3 criteria and you can drop a few marks from each and still be top band however it is predicted an A* might be around 46. Hopefully an A* for you though! The mark in terms of numbers would be over like 42 though I guess?
Thanks!! Did you do the CA?
Reply 3
Original post by dp00
Thanks!! Did you do the CA?

Yep! I did
what did you get?
Reply 5
Original post by dp00
what did you get?

48/50! I could have got the full marks but I rushed it towards the end :s-smilie:
Reply 6
what would 30 be?
Well, considering that classic 22 said that 42/50 was A/A*, I would guess either a B or a C...
Reply 8
Original post by dp00
Well, considering that classic 22 said that 42/50 was A/A*, I would guess either a B or a C...

Grade boundaries are very high... we were told 32 was a C and I forgot B and 41ish(???) for an A and 46 for an A*. Although top band covers some A grades too. If that makes sense.
But surely the grade doesn't matter but the percentage?
I think if you referred to them as 'black throughout' then maybe a b?
What was the question you had in the end? Just curious after having done it last year!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending