The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS/A2 Mathematics M2 - 17th June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

How many marks was the question where you had to find d=? (the one with the non uniform rod)?
**** m2
Original post by HarshaPeed
Personally I think the paper looked weird af but was alright if you applied your mechanics. I can never do centre of mass questions anyways so I probably got that wrong (oh well). Other than that the paper was super non-standard with a lot of weird questions. Also anyone who did FP2 will understand that p,q and r and no longer part of my alphabet as they are disgusting letters and should be killed with fire.

You just made my day! Lol yeah I did FP2 exam too If you still remember question 4 on that paper.. lol I totally understand what you mean
Original post by ThatPerson2
I would think that you would probably lose one or two A1 marks for it, assuming your method was correct (I would think it might be M1A1 for getting the correct integral, M1 for subbing in values and solving).

Hopefully! Thanks!
Reply 424
Original post by ombtom
Someone already posted this:

1a) 8
b) 5
2a) 6
b) 4
3) 6
4a) 5
b) 4
5a) 8
b) 4
6a) 6
b) 7
7a) 7
b) 3
c) 2

Lol theres nothing wrong with posting again, not everyone will go back to that page and find it ygm
Original post by TheMoon
How many marks was the question where you had to find d=? (the one with the non uniform rod)?

4 marks
Original post by RThornton
My answers:
1).
a). q=-8, p=2, r=11
b). 11/3m

2).
P=4900w
R=784N
b). d=53.1m

3).
c=10/3

4).
x=0.83m below
angle= 114 degrees

5).
d= 2.56m

6). lambda= 30/7 (4.29)
speed= 10.4m
angle= 73.6 degrees to the vector i (horizontal)

7). A= 3u/20 (left)
B= 21u/10 (right)
e=1/14
no collision as B after wall moves at the same speed as A, hence never meet

Question 1 had 3 parts, part b) was to find the acceleration of the particle when t=3 wasnt it?

Other than that I got all the exact same answers as you ^^ hopefully 90+ UMS
Original post by ombtom

1a) 8
b) 5
2a) 6
b) 4
3) 6
4a) 5
b) 4
5a) 8
b) 4
6a) 6
b) 7
7a) 7
b) 3
c) 2

which was the one with the non uniform rod?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by linaxq
Lol theres nothing wrong with posting again, not everyone will go back to that page and find it ygm

Exactly; I posted it again to complete edothero's list. They match up so it's all good.
Original post by ombtom

1a) 8
b) 5
2a) 6
b) 4
3) 6
4a) 5
b) 4
5a) 8
b) 4
6a) 6
b) 7
7a) 7
b) 3
c) 2

Using that I probably got somewhere between 50 and 55. Which isn't too bad.
Ah well.
Original post by cjlh
Very true, could be either depending on how anal they are. Probably would be fine though actually

No problem dude

Ahh was the position vector lambda(i+j) or lambda (i-j)
for q5 did you have to do it using work energy principle?
Reply 433
Original post by zandneger
Question 1 had 3 parts, part b) was to find the acceleration of the particle when t=3 wasnt it?

Other than that I got all the exact same answers as you ^^ hopefully 90+ UMS

part a was to find acceleration at t=3 and you could only do it by finding p q and r

b was to find distance covered in the third second
Reply 434
Original post by ombtom
Exactly; I posted it again to complete edothero's list. They match up so it's all good.

ah nice
Grade boundaries:
I reckon

66 - 90 UMS
58 - 80 UMS
51 - 70 UMS
Reply 436
For question 1b) it said in the THIRD second therefore would the boundaries for the integral not be t=2 and t=3 meaning you would get 34/3 or 11.66 as the distance
Original post by Jakester11
Ahh was the position vector lambda(i+j) or lambda (i-j)

Began at 0, projected with velocity (3i-4j) and ended up at A which had position vector lambda(i-j)
Looking through the mark schemes, it looks like they all want the answer to 3sf OR BETTER, meaning you can't have rounded 10.44 any less than 3, rather than any more than 3
I still don't understand how to do question 6 got completely wrong the lambda question
Since the exam ended I don't really care how to solve it (good bye m2 Let's never meet again ) but then again I want to know how many marks I can pick up hopefully few method marks
Can anybody please explain me how to do that question?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending