The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Physical Education PHED 3 - 17th June 2016 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by katiejaynel
Ah okay thanks so much, well fingers crossed!

Yeah Same!! Do you do biology?
I've really confused myself :') any chance you could help me work out what I need??
did anyone do the question about drugs on section 3. I think the question was apart from the physiological advantages why else would you take drugs? What did you guys put :smile:
Original post by emanny
I think it went well too but the physiology essay Question was sneaky although I mentioned every point my application to the context may not be sufficient enough so hopefully examiners don't mind lol.

what did you put in the physiological 14 mark
Reply 84
Original post by chaarlieellen
did anyone do the question about drugs on section 3. I think the question was apart from the physiological advantages why else would you take drugs? What did you guys put :smile:

Like pressure from coaches
Win at all costs attitude
Rest of the team is - social pressures

was only 2 marks i think i can't remember
Original post by milomcc
Like pressure from coaches
Win at all costs attitude
Rest of the team is - social pressures

was only 2 marks i think i can't remember

okay good i put similar things yah
Reply 86
Original post by chaarlieellen
what did you put in the physiological 14 mark

Aerobic system - glycogen to glucose to pyruvic acid to acetyl etc including Krebs cycle and electron transport chain. Then I said it's used to last the duration of the game.

Then I talked about atp-pc system and the 3 stages and how it's used in late stages.

The lactic acid system etc and its process and how it's used during middle/late stages
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by milomcc
Yeah Same!! Do you do biology?

No, physics and DT are my other subjects
Original post by emanny
Aerobic system - glycogen to glucose to pyruvic acid to acetyl etc including Krebs cycle and electron transport chain. Then I said it's used to last the duration of the game.

Then I talked about atp-pc system and the 3 stages and how it's used in late stages.

The lactic acid system etc and its process and how it's used during middle/late stages

Did you write about advantages/disadvantages of each system? As my friend only wrote about those and not the actual processes..
Reply 89
Original post by OwenSallows
Did you write about advantages/disadvantages of each system? As my friend only wrote about those and not the actual processes..

Not really but there is probably points for it as you're still talking about the system and how it would contribute.
Original post by emanny
Not really but there is probably points for it as you're still talking about the system and how it would contribute.

Yeah I think the Q was more after the process of the energy system not ads and disads
Reply 91
Original post by katiejaynel
Yeah I think the Q was more after the process of the energy system not ads and disads

Yeah true, but I think if it wasn't applied in anyway people won't achieve the deserved mark as it seemed too easy lol.
Original post by emanny

Yeah that's what i thought, I predominantly wrote about the processes too but as the question is normally split up into two halves it would make sense that the mark scheme would contain +/- of energy systems, the question did seem too good to be true!

Quick Reply

Latest