The Student Room Group

AQA MM1B - Mechanics 1 -Tuesday 21st June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
image.jpg Question 7 well most of it
Exactly, I got two value for t, t=5 AND t=25.k assumed one of them was correct so I solved for the displacement using t=5 and 25 and got two different answers, when t=25 I got around the 330m areas and when t=5 I got around 80m(i cant remember exact value but I think the correct answer was around 80m between them)

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do you guys think it was compared to previous years?
Any thoughts on grade boundaries/full UMS?
Original post by reuel

i got the same!!
This paper was tooo easy defo 70 for an A, the 10 mark was joke clocked it in 3 minutes had 35 minutes to check answers. WOOOOAHHH, some of you man are **** cambizzy here i come gunna celebrate 100 ums with some cheeky nandos see ya ******s
image.jpg

These are the answer that me and my friends got, let me know if you can't read it/if any of them are wrong 😊
Original post by RorMur2992
I got 106m for the 10 marker, anyone else?

Yes I got this too
U got Identical answers to you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by matt5822
But the i components were different

Surely parallel means in the same plane. If the I and j equated each other they would be travelling in the same line not parallel?
No air resistance for the assumption is correct and valid, as implying it is a particle means its surface area is negligible and therefore is not affected by the effect of drag.
Original post by Minnie1998
i got the same!!

Surely you cannot keep time as the same?
It would take a different amount of time to reach the back of the net, no?
Original post by reuel

You can't use 1.76 for the time in the second part, the horizontal distance travelled has changed so the time of flight will also have changed.
How many marks would I lose in Q8 would you guys think? I got T = 12 but i calculated the difference of speed but not distance
For Q8 I only did it for the i components and got 80.5m with t=5, but I think people who did it for j components got t=12 and 106m, which is why there are 2 answers many are getting. Not sure which is right.
Original post by con.brown
No air resistance for the assumption is correct and valid, as implying it is a particle means its surface area is negligible and therefore is not affected by the effect of drag.

The question definitely said "model the ball as a particle with no air resistance" so whilst that's correct, it wouldn't be a valid answer. I don't know what the right answer is, but I put that you can ignore the ball's tendency to rotate, cause that's come up as an advantage before. Also, in real life, if you put a spin on the ball it changes its motion
ah finding the values of P & q wasn't it just comparing I + J components separately?
Original post by LiesandAlibis
How do you guys think it was compared to previous years?
Any thoughts on grade boundaries/full UMS?

I think it was comparable to june 13 paper in which case the marks needed for an A were 53
This is what I thought which Is why I couldn't figure it out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by smartsy
My answers (might have misremembered some, and others are probably wrong):
1) 15 kg
2) p = 14, q = 17
3) 9 degrees
4) V = 12, bearing = 008
5) Max heigh 1.2 m (can't really remember)
6) 43.8 N
7) Velocity around 13, modelling as particle means air resistance can be ignored)
8) I got up to finding t = 5 and t = 25, but then did a load of meaningless BS and got the wrong answer around 28 lol.

I got all of these
Reply 119
Original post by Minnie1998
i got the same!!

Shame I didn't put that in the paper
I forgot this at the time 🙁

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending