The Student Room Group

The OFFICIAL 'EU Referendum Results ALL NIGHTER' Thread

Scroll to see replies

News JUST in. David Cameron has already resigned his post as PM. Who do you guys think will replace him?
Original post by ZuluK
I see the leave members are already backing out of "claims" they made for their campaign.

Thank you for voting to leave! You've done a grand job. (Note sarcasm)

Exactly, I'm here face palming like seriously.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by nucdev
:shh:

:rofl:

Short term gain, long term pain imo (the complete opposite of what the Brexiters were saying) :laugh:

I would have made a killing even if it went the other way :tongue:

No pain no gain mate :pierre:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chemting

Uhuh totally trolling :wink:
"In two hours the UK economy has lost $350 BILLION. That’s equivalent to 40 years of EU contributions."

LOOOOOL.
Original post by alow
I'm looking forward to seeing Cambridge, hopefully we'll beat them in something else other than the boat race.

Oxford 70%
Cambridge 74%:yay:

:argh:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/24/eu-referendum-results-live-brexit-wins-as-britain-votes-to-leave/

Cameron: "I do not think I can be the captain to take the country to its next destination.In my view I think we should have a new prime minister in place by the start of the Conservative conference in October."
So David Cameron has officially stated he is resigning guys. He seems to be extremely against leaving. I feel like he shouldn't give up so soon though, I mean take up the challenge.

"While England voted overwhelmingly for Brexit, Scotland and Northern Ireland backed Remain."
-So from what the stats show, generally speaking Scotland and Northern Ireland were and still are against us leaving- especially Scotland. I smell another referendum coming....cough, cough, Scotland. Scotland may ask to for a referendum shortly after we've left the EU as now they don't feel obliged by any authority to stay. My views have slightly changed. Being independent may not equal total chaos though it can so whatever happens now I'm going to try and be positive about it all as it's my future, my family's future and your future too guys.

"Statements are expected to be made by Sinn Fein and the SNP later today calling for a breakaway from the Union. London backed Remain but the turnout was lower than expected because of bad weather."
-So then why were there no extensions and the bad weather considered?

"The pound crashed to the lowest level since 1985 as sterling fell below $1.35. Complacency about a Brexit outcome will come clear this morning, as out of hours trading suggests that the FTSE 100 will drop by 8.8pc, or by some 560 points. The fall would be the third worst in history if stocks ended the day down as sharply."
:o:o:o:o

"Mr Hammond warned that Britain's voice would now be diminished within the EU as we prepare for our exit."
Duh, we no longer matter to them as before. If we're being attacked in the near future, I wouldn't be surprised if the EU does not care as it used to compared to before.

"The EU was the biggest single market in the world and "Great Britain has just cut its ties with that market.....that'll have consequences and I don't believe other countries will be encouraged to follow that dangerous path. I am not shocked," he said of the results of the British referendum, adding: "We were prepared."
Wow, so far the decision seems like a great one *sarcasm*

"The chief ratings officer for credit agency Standard and Poor’s says the UK is likely to lose its AAA credit rating. Moritz Kraemer told the Financial Times: “We think that a AAA-rating is untenable under the circumstances.”
- Those in favour of leaving so why are the positives so far? All I'm hearing are negative outcomes at the moment. Are you sure you all thought this through thoroughly?
(edited 7 years ago)
****ing stupid Northerners
Original post by ubiquitousking
Source? :redface:

-----------

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/ng-interactive/2016/jun/23/eu-referendum-live-results-and-analysis

The demographic (characteristics) breakdown is interesting.

https://twitter.com/EmmaKennedy/status/746218084206141440

(£190bn has been wiped off of FTSE in 12 minutes.)

[Waiting for a more reliable source soon
-http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/pound-to-euro-exchange-rate-crashes_uk_576cc18be4b0d25711494b27]
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by nucdev
S&P likely to downgrade UK debt this afternoon. Expect cost of servicing national debt to increase and possibly leading to more cuts.

But worry not! Sunderland will bail us out! :rofl:

:rofl:

Hahahahaha

All we can do now is laugh and cry :frown:
Original post by jneill
Oxford 70%
Cambridge 74%:yay:

:argh:

Must be some slight consolation. I can't think of any right now. :sad:
Original post by SMEGGGY

Yes. That was always going to happen (sorry @Fullofsurprises but it was...).

I also don't see BoJo as PM - the party won't stand for it.

BUT I do think an early GE is likely.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-referendum-result-nigel-farage-nhs-pledge-disowns-350-million-pounds-a7099906.html

LOOOL

"Nigel Farage has disowned a pledge to spend £350 million of European Union cash on the NHS after Brexit. The Ukip leader was asked on ITV’s Good Morning Britain programme whether he would guarantee that the money pledged for the health service during the campaign would now be spent on it. Speaking on the morning of the referendum result he however said he had never made any such pledge."
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jake4198
What's your point? Immigration, especially illegal immigration from outside the EU, has been allowed to happen because illegal migrants have been able to border hop through Europe until they reach the UK, often residing in shanty camps like the Jungle in Calais.

Immigration to the UK should be exclusively for two groups: either skilled workers or genuine refugees. The UK shouldn't accept low-skilled labour, nor should it accept economic migrants from afar because it puts pressure on communities, housing and the living wage.

I live in an area with 20% Muslim immigration and my area voted heavily in favour of voting to leave. I don't see immigration as evil, but an issue which is out of control and not been tackled by the left. It's not racist, and once again you're trying to label and demean those who chose to vote.

You're wrong on the substance and if I'm not allowed to say that then you're the PC brigade not me. I live in the West Midlands where Asians have been arriving since the 1950s. I welcome it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Already had major referendum fatigue.

Indyref mark 2 coming soon... Lets hope we get it right this time. Cannot believe people fell for that **** about us needing to stay in the UK to stay in the EU.
What a disaster, endless worship of the past & another attempt at reviving what has long gone

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending