The Student Room Group

BREXITERS - do you work with foreign people?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by mercuryman
Why? (7 marks)

Deal with it :rolleyes:
Original post by mercuryman
Why? (7 marks)

Original post by Desi123
Deal with it :rolleyes:

Good answer. 7 marks awarded.
Reply 42
Original post by NickLCFC
Good answer. 7 marks awarded.

Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Do you work in Starbucks with a Polish girl? Do you stack the shelves in Asda with an Indian? How can you even look at them in the eyes if they know you voted BREXIT?

My parents voted remain as did I but the only reason we even considered leave is BECAUSE we are immigrants, leaving the EU doesn't affect the Indian considering its not in the EU?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by NickLCFC
Article 50 will probably be evoked in no less than a month anyway.

Do you think? I'm very angry that Cameron didn't trigger it straight away. He should've stepped down immediately. Now we have to wait 3 months for a Tory leadership contest, in which time no doubt the lefties will join the Tory party in droves in order to vote. Then we have to rely on the leader to actually evoke Article 50 and to be honest, as a leave voter, I am not convinced at all that Boris Johnson would actually do it. I also am worried that such a big gap will mean more renegotiation will be sought rather than honouring the decision of the people.

I really hope you are right on this but at the moment I'm not convinced. I would like to see a petition for Article 50 to be triggered immediately and for DC to resign with immediate effect rather than 3 months. He has no place to be PM for another 3 months if he is not going to action this vote. Even Corbyn yesterday was saying Article 50 should be immediately triggered and he supposedly was on the remain campaign!
Everyone i know with the exeption of 2, are from immigrant backgrounds, and they all voted to leave.
I don't work with foreign people but

Spoiler

Do you work in Starbucks with a Polish girl? Do you stack the shelves in Asda with an Indian? How can you even look at them in the eyes if they know you voted BREXIT?

You do know that us being out of the EU will make the UK easier to enter for the rest of the world outside Europe, right? That includes Asia, Africa, the america's, Australia
Did you not look at the map of britexer. Birmingham has a high number of immigrants and they voted out. I think your missing the point if why people of all rqce voted out. The bretix campaign didnt say they will kick out all polish and other immigrants from the country if we opted to remove the shackles of the eu.
Reply 49
How is it racist to say you're European ok I'll hold you to the same standards as everyone else? Surely it is racist to say oh you are African go jump through these hoops while we import white Europeans first.
This is a myth. By leaving we're back to square one with all the trade deals the EU currently has and the future deals in those areas that are in the pipeline.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union_free_trade_agreements
Reply 51
I am proud for being Middle Class, Educated, and to be a Londoner. But I voted REMAIN, as that is best for all of us.

The BREXITERS (working class, uneducated, northerners) are just annoyed with their own lowly lives so blaming foreigners is their way of thinking that they are achieving something.

You're so arrogant it's unbelievable. IT'S NOT all about London you know. WORKING CLASS people are the ones that worked hard to build this country. Working class people have been forgotten by Westminster elites. They've had years of austerity. Manufacturing jobs have moved to 3rd world countries so Working class people in the North have seen their communities destroyed and ON TOP of that they've had mass unlimited immigration from Eastern Europe competing and undercutting their wages.
IT's difficult for them to get on the housing ladder because Joe from Slovakia has been given a free house paid by the TAX PAYER.

YOU AND YOUR SNOBBY ATTITUDE IS WHY WORKING CLASS PEOPLE have VOTED LEAVE AND SAID UP YOURS TO THE ESTABLISHMENTS.
And one more thing, I'm a northern working class person and I'm sooooooooooooooo happy my fellow working people have said enough is enough and voted leave in masses
Why? I simply don't get that comment. Why do you think, that the fact that EU citizens can move freely is stopped will magically lower the boundaries for immigrants from outside the EU?
Original post by Desi123
Yeah, the Guardian and some people on TSR are really stirring :lol:

Reply 54
Original post by Sicudeh
Because they are working and contributing to the economy. I think the main concern was immigrants coming and claiming benefits whilst contributing zero and sending their benefits back home.

I understand that a portion of leave voters also vote under the pretense that immigrants are 'taking our jobs' - This portion are likely to be the chav/dole/scumbags who choose no education and try to make life a misery for everyone else. I'd gladly vote to also deport these alongside the non working benefit claimers.

Another snobby person, just because someone isn't as lucky as you and DOESN'T have that much money DOESN'T ENTITLE YOU to call them SCUM/DOLE/CHAV. I'm afraid dude THOSE SO CALLED SCUM PPL have had their say and look who's laughing now
THE Class system in this country makes me feel sick
Reply 55
Original post by College_Dropout

The Daily Mail is a tabloid, the Guardian isn't :facepalm:
Original post by Desi123
The Daily Mail is a tabloid, the Guardian isn't :facepalm:

Your point is...?
Reply 57
Original post by Jee1
Another snobby person, just because someone isn't as lucky as you and DOESN'T have that much money DOESN'T ENTITLE YOU to call them SCUM/DOLE/CHAV. I'm afraid dude THOSE SO CALLED SCUM PPL have had their say and look who's laughing now
THE Class system in this country makes me feel sick

I voted leave as well. It isn't a case of having no money, it's a case of becoming drug addicted or alcohol addicted voluntarily and voluntarily choosing to have the wrong attitude and not to work. They also then lash out at people who live a decent working life.

Now THAT makes ME sick.
Can we have one discussion where insults are thrown at the other side? OK, I'll join in then. You're a prime t wat OP.

This stupidity is why you lost. This is not about those who come here it is about controlling borders and democracy. Those same issues that every EU country faces now and in the future

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending