The Student Room Group

Spanish Student Visa Application

Is anyone in the process of getting a student spanish visa to study abroad. I am going to Spain in September to study and the visa application is so complicated and I have no idea if I'm doing it right. I have to get lots of documents legalised and sworn translated, is anyone else having to do this with their visas and can offer me some guidance, any help would be much appreciated :smile:

Scroll to see replies

You'll do better to read the guidelines about obtaining a Spanish visa online.
Reply 2
hi yeah i have done this I just want to know I'm on the right lines as it all seems v complicated
Original post by soph_12349
hi yeah i have done this I just want to know I'm on the right lines as it all seems v complicated

How about contacting someone close to you who now lives in Spain for guides?
Reply 4
I have struggled so much, where has everyone got their forms as I have tried to phone the consulate but they were no help. I've not managed to get any forms for the visas and I cannot find anywhere to get health and travel insurance! if anyone could help that would be great.
Reply 5
Original post by roxyg01
I have struggled so much, where has everyone got their forms as I have tried to phone the consulate but they were no help. I've not managed to get any forms for the visas and I cannot find anywhere to get health and travel insurance! if anyone could help that would be great.

In terms of the visa, have you tried contacting the university at which you will be studying? They'll probably have people there who deal with incoming international students, and they should be familiar with the process.

For health and travel insurance: if you are a student at a UK university already, and your study abroad is part of an official year abroad (i.e. it's part of your course), then ask your UK university if they can recommend (or provide) cover. Otherwise, try a web search for "student travel insurance" and "student health insurance" -- make sure that it covers the full period that you're away.
Reply 6
http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Consulados/LONDRES/en/Consulado/Documents/SSU-SLU%20ES-EN.pdf

I am doing the same. This has all the info. I am applying for up to 6 months so short term visa. Seriously though I think the best thing is to slowly go through what you need to do. Can your Uni help?
Reply 7
Original post by roxyg01

Is it spain you are going to? If you go on the government website and go to spain travel it has a section about visas and a link to the requirements and the national visa form ect will all be there.
Reply 8
Original post by Lurkio
http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Consulados/LONDRES/en/Consulado/Documents/SSU-SLU%20ES-EN.pdf

I am doing the same. This has all the info. I am applying for up to 6 months so short term visa. Seriously though I think the best thing is to slowly go through what you need to do. Can your Uni help?

Hi, have you got an appointment yet for your short term visa?
Reply 9
Hi, have you got an appointment yet for your short term visa?

Not yet but going to email tomorrow.
Reply 10
Original post by Lurkio
Not yet but going to email tomorrow.

ahh good luck do you know which consulate is it you need to go to?
Reply 11
Spanish Consulate in London. 😀
Reply 12
Original post by Lurkio
Spanish Consulate in London. 😀

Ah cool, good luck!
Reply 13
Is it spain you are going to? If you go on the government website and go to spain travel it has a section about visas and a link to the requirements and the national visa form ect will all be there.

thank you so much! do you know if this counts for a student visa swell?!!
Reply 14
Original post by roxyg01
thank you so much! do you know if this counts for a student visa swell?!!

Yes it has options for different types of visa's you just need to look for the requirements for the student visa. Is it the London consulate you have to go to? (the consulate you go to depends on the area you currently live in). Let me know if you need any more help :smile:
Reply 15
Yes it has options for different types of visa's you just need to look for the requirements for the student visa. Is it the London consulate you have to go to? (the consulate you go to depends on the area you currently live in). Let me know if you need any more help :smile:

Hi, I am also in the process of applying for a short term student visa for an unpaid internship I have in spain starting in September. I have my appt at the Edinburgh office in 2 weeks but am concerned about the proof of being able to support myself financially whilst there. I was hoping to use my letter from student finance to prove this but I've heard that consulates from other countries won't accept it. Does anyone know if the Spanish consulate accept this.
Reply 16
Original post by lynrut
Hi, I am also in the process of applying for a short term student visa for an unpaid internship I have in spain starting in September. I have my appt at the Edinburgh office in 2 weeks but am concerned about the proof of being able to support myself financially whilst there. I was hoping to use my letter from student finance to prove this but I've heard that consulates from other countries won't accept it. Does anyone know if the Spanish consulate accept this.

Hi, I am applying for a long term student visa and for this I had to show a bank statement from the last 6 months proving I can cover the costs and had to get it stamped by the bank. If you check the requirements it might say how much money you need proof of having and if your student loan covers that cost you should be okay.
Reply 17
Anyone got an appointment yet? No reply after a week 🤔
Reply 18
Original post by Lurkio
Anyone got an appointment yet? No reply after a week 🤔

Have you checked you have emailed the right consulate. I emailed the one in london and heard nothing back for a week and then realised that I am meant to go to the Manchester one as that is the consulate for my area. You can find out which one to go to if you go this link on http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Consulados/LONDRES/en/Consulado/Pages/Appointments.aspx it says 'Before applying for an appointment, please verify that your address falls under the jurisdiction of this Consulate' with a link to where you need to go.
Reply 19
Have you checked you have emailed the right consulate. I emailed the one in london and heard nothing back for a week and then realised that I am meant to go to the Manchester one as that is the consulate for my area. You can find out which one to go to if you go this link on http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Consulados/LONDRES/en/Consulado/Pages/Appointments.aspx it says 'Before applying for an appointment, please verify that your address falls under the jurisdiction of this Consulate' with a link to where you need to go.

Yes definitely London.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending