The Student Room Group

Can Scotland stop Brexit?

Can Scotland stop Brexit for the UK?
Reply 1
SNP only want it for them, they don't give a **** for the Union of UK.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
The more interesting question is. Will the Scots leave the uk before we have an early general election? If they do then surely this calls for another early General Election?

To answer your question I very much doubt it. But they may be able to stay within the EU while the rest leave.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
no.
Reply 4
Original post by mrITguy
The more interesting question is. Will the Scots leave the union before we have an early general election? If they do then surely this calls for another early General Election?

To answer your question I very much doubt it. But they may be able to stay within the EU while the rest leave.

They would have to reapply and a independent Scotland wouldn't be as attractive to the EU as the uk
No.

If anyone thinks they cna then say so and back it up with a credible source.

Do I think they will leave the UK? Yes. That will cost billions as well.
Reply 6
Original post by joecphillips
They would have to reapply and a independent Scotland wouldn't be as attractive to the EU as the uk

Sorry I have edited my post you have quoted to make it clearer. I meant if they left the uk union before we had an early general election?

Also if we left but they stayed in the EU (thus became independent) surely we would need ANOTHER general election?
Once the EU begins collapsing it will make Remaining a lot harder.
From what I've heard so far, they can withdraw consent but they can't veto it. So no, they technically can't block it, but they could make it a lot more uncomfortable for Westminster to do it.
No and i doubt they will even leave the UK

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending