Original post by fefssdf
you should still get a B ...

Thanks for your help, I hope I do!
Original post by Diraculous
Correct

Cheers, hopefully going to get 100 then
I'm fairly sure it was 3 marks.

I thought it was 4, but I hope you're right! I got that one wrong because my brain broke on me
Original post by mangoli
Went alright but was nothing like the past papers. Got stuck on finding k for 20 minutes and decided to move on, how did you guys do it? I got k = 1/(a+21) and couldnt hew another equation in a from it

for K you had to use the fact that F(3) = 1, and that F(2)= 0 so then you ended up with two equations in terms of a,b, and K, and then you used these to isolate out K on its own and then just solved for it ? so K was 1/9
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm fairly sure it was 3 marks.

That was definitely 4 marks, I'm 100% sure
Original post by Foutre en L'air

agree it was 4 marks
Original post by Foutre en L'air

Alright, believe that. Hopefully that won't lose me an A*. I would be mad at myself.
Original post by Jamo :)
It was 0.2n, so you had to rearrange this equation into a quadratic by multiplying up then squaring: 7/4 = (55.5-0.2n)/(squareroot(0.16n))

oh god hopefully i wrote down 0.2 and not 0.02 but can't remember argh
Original post by RGBlinkFrayXx
No worries. What do you think 66/75 would be in terms of UMS?

Maybe around 86? In the 2014R paper, it would actually have been like 91, but then only a high B on last year's paper...
Has anyone made a markscheme yet????
Would 69/70 be about90 ums?

Posted from TSR Mobile
On the "find k" question, would solving F(2) = 0 to find that a = -12 probably be sufficient for 2/4 marks? (I also said that F(3) = 1, but then I completely messed-up the substitution!)
Original post by Datta10

Posted from TSR Mobile

Possibly, 71 was 90 last year
Original post by Datta10

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would say so! :smile:
Soo, anyone have any ideas of grade boundaries? Id say probably a mark or two lower than last year, as i think last years paper was easier
I thought last years paper was much more difficult, just me??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dnpnstn
Soo, anyone have any ideas of grade boundaries? Id say probably a mark or two lower than last year, as i think last years paper was easier

I think its gonna drop quite a bit tbh
Original post by fefssdf
for this question I didn't end up with a quadratic... I had the mean = 0.02n and then variance i had it as 0.16n.. is this wrong ?

nah i got that but you end up with a quadratic which solves to 342.25 (i think) and 225. but it must be an integer. so 225.
Original post by Tizzydag
nah i got that but you end up with a quadratic which solves to 342.25 (i think) and 225. but it must be an integer. so 225.

yeh idk what I did then cause I got 62 as the answer lol
Original post by fefssdf
yeh idk what I did then cause I got 62 as the answer lol

lol dw u may lose 3/4 max.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending