Scroll to see replies

Help needed
Any body can suggest how is Electrical & Electronics engineering in UCL
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Anyone studying Physics at UCL?
Original post by stratagems
Any law students here? What's it like - teaching, content, facilities, etc?

Also, for accommodation - I only got the offer holders booklet with my offer letter and it has two sides of A4 dedicated to accommodation. UCL's website isn't very helpful either, so price and location aside, I can't really find anyway of discriminating between them - there don't seem to be any pictures of rooms/facilities at each place. :/ Am I wrong and missing something?

Other than what's on the website, I don't think there's much else on accommodation. After all, when you apply for it, you can't choose a specific building. You only put in a preference (e.g. location, price etc.) and then they allocate you based on that.

I can't say much about law, other than your library is the nicest in UCL :wink:
Original post by tanyapotter
I recently withdrew from my firm offer for Mechanical Engineering at Bristol, having decided that although it's a great course, I just don't know whether I will enjoy it/be able to cope, and was considering Electrical/Electronic Engineering with Computer Science instead. Unfortunately, Bristol weren't accepting anymore people on their EEE course when I asked, so I looked through UCAS Extra, and to my surprise, UCL were! So I applied to UCL for this course as a gamble and got an offer this afternoon!

I was wondering if there are any EEE students at UCL on this thread? How are you finding the difficulty of the course? UCL is 5th in the UK for EEE, above Bristol, which seems quite strong. Are people enjoying it? Is the course delivered enthusiastically? I loved Bristol so much and was looking forward to it for so many reasons but at the back of my mind, I was always having doubts about MechEng so I think I've made the right decision.

There doesn't seem to be too many on here. Funnily enough though I'll be doing the exact same as you, holding offers from both.

Firmed UCL and probably looking to go there as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rosemondtan
any UCL med students? :smile:

:wavey:
Reply 5105
My offer in A*AA, maths is requested A*. I think that I can achieve A* in further maths, A in Maths, another A in physics.

I predict that my C4 perhaps is a little lower than my request, but I predict that total maths should be over 500 marks.

Shall UCL still accept me?
(edited 7 years ago)
Hello,
I am a conditional admission receiver in mechanical with business finance. My offer was of AAA. But I expect to get ABB. A in maths and B in phys and chem. Should I have any hope for admission or should I move on?
Hello guys,
I got conditional admission at ucl for mechanical engineering and business finance. I got an offer for A A A. My predicted grades were A A A B but I think I will get A B B B. So should I be hope full for an admission or not? A in Mathematics B in physics and chem
Original post by Bilalafzal1
Hello guys,
I got conditional admission at ucl for mechanical engineering and business finance. I got an offer for A A A. My predicted grades were A A A B but I think I will get A B B B. So should I be hope full for an admission or not? A in Mathematics B in physics and chem

That's quite a lot less than the offer, I wouldn't be too hopeful if you get those grades/
Original post by Noodlzzz
That's quite a lot less than the offer, I wouldn't be too hopeful if you get those grades/

So you mean the chance is non existent if I get those grades?
Has anyone been accepted for economics even if they got AAA instead of A*AA?
Hi,

I am thinking of applying for Applied Medical Sciences at UCL - does anyone here study the course and wouldn't mind me asking them a few questions about it.

Many Thanks
Laura
Is it worth taking another gap year (this would be my 2nd Gap year) for UCL Economics and LSE Management ? I would obviously have to reapply through UCAS but I do have an offer for Management at UCL and I'm thinking now that Economics might be a better course for me.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Danllo
Is it worth taking another gap year (this would be my 2nd Gap year) for UCL Economics and LSE Management ? I would obviously have to reapply through UCAS but I do have an offer for Management at UCL and I'm thinking now that Economics might be a better course for me.

Go for it. I took a 2nd gap year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thad33
Go for it. I took a 2nd gap year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I just finished my first gap year and I still don't think that I've chosen the perfect course yet. I took Economics, Chemistry and Mathematics and I achieved "BCC" respectively in my first sitting. This year was my first gap year and I think I'm going to achieve A*AB-AAB which is not a bad improvement but I've always wanted to go to UCL Economics or do a course at LSE. I feel that one more year would do it but there is no guarantee that I would get onto these courses especially since I'm applying as a 2nd gap year student as well as these courses being extremely competitive. I emailed UCL Economics and they said that they accept students on a 2nd Gap year but you will be at a disadvantage. In order to overcome this, I was thinking that if I took AS Level Further Mathematics this would make my application more competitive and UCL's normal Economics entry requirement is A*AA. But if I were predicted A*A*A alongside with an A grade in AS-Level Further mathematics this could be enough to make me worthy of applying to UCL Econ and LSE Management course. Please do give any ideas you have, I would extremely appreciate it ! Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Danllo
Hi, I just finished my first gap year and I still don't think that I've chosen the perfect course yet. I took Economics, Chemistry and Mathematics and I achieved "BCC" respectively in my first sitting. This year was my first gap year and I think I'm going to achieve A*AB-AAB which is not a bad improvement but I've always wanted to go to UCL Economics or do a course at LSE. I feel that one more year would do it but there is no guarantee that I would get onto these courses especially since I'm applying as a 2nd gap year student as well as these courses being extremely competitive. I emailed UCL Economics and they said that they accept students on a 2nd Gap year but you will be at a disadvantage. In order to overcome this, I was thinking that if I took AS Level Further Mathematics this would make my application more competitive and UCL's normal Economics entry requirement is A*AA. But if I were predicted A*A*A alongside with an A grade in AS-Level Further mathematics this could be enough to make me worthy of applying to UCL Econ and LSE Management course. Please do give any ideas you have, I would extremely appreciate it ! Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't apply for economics so couldn't give much advice but what I've seen on here is economics for both UCL and LSE is really competitive. Not a wise decision to waste another year to apply for this at both universities.

If the uni is more important then just go this year. If the degree is more important take another gap year, apply, but be prepared to go to another uni to study economics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How is the first year workload on Mathematics? Not sure if I will meet the offer but want to know none the less.
More precicely, how much analysis is done in the first year and is the introduction to it really fast and difficult? (same for Linear algebra and algebra, geometry and the more applied sections like Stats and Mechanics)
I applied for Maths with Modern Languages, will I be able to continue my study of French there or will I be forced to take a different language? (I sat C1 this year and if I pass that will make me a "first language" French speaker/user)
Is anyone studying history at UCL? If so, what grades did you get to get in because I'm stressing out
My offer is AAB for BA History, but if I get ABB or ABC would I still get in?
Original post by MimiSehmi
My offer is AAB for BA History, but if I get ABB or ABC would I still get in?

I don't study History. But I know from my course (Human Sciences) AAB may have still got you a place depending on how many others have missed the entry requirements, but I very much doubt ABC would be accepted.*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending