The Student Room Group

Fox Corner's Summer Bucket List

Summer Bucket List
I've decided to set myself some goals for this summer in order to make the most of it. It'll be my first summer with a full-time job so I will have to manage my time well in order to actually get this stuff done..

Key: :nn: not complete
:crossedf: in progress
:yy: complete

:crossedf: New House stuff:
- :yy: Get properly moved in (and unpacked!)
- :yy: Do the garden
- :nn: Buy a new dining table and bookcase
- :nn: Put all my books on bookcase
- :nn: Put up new curtains in my bedroom
:yy: Visit Edinburgh castle when I go to Scotland
:yy: See at least 3 Edinburgh fringe shows
:crossedf: Finish two long classics (I'm counting long as 700 pages +)
:nn: Have a dinner party and put on a great spread
:nn: Fill up a sketchbook
:nn: Have a housewarming party
:nn: Pay off at least £300 of my debt to my parents (this is such a boring one)
:yy: Go to two museums or galleries to get inspired
:nn: Treat my boyf to a slap-up meal
:nn: Attend a life drawing class
:nn: Keep up with my bullet journal
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fox Corner

:nn: Have a housewarming party

WAHEY!!
Reply 2
Original post by Captain Jack
WAHEY!!

:beer:
There should definitely be bullet journal pics here too :ninja:
In :pierre:
Good Luck :grin:
Reply 6
Update 11/07/16

So my housemate did our garden and I'm ticking that off my 'new house' bucket list. It was all concrete and horrible before, and now it looks like this:

I can't really take too much credit for it as I just sat and watched as my housemate potted about 25 plants. But I'm ticking it off my list anyway!

I've also started reading Middlemarch which is 800 pages long - I'm only about 50 pages through but it's good so far! My goal is to finish it by the end of July.

I'd like to finish my new house stuff by the start of next week - me and my new housemates are getting excited about the Ikea website. I haven't had time to do much else, but because I had to make this list it's now always in the back of my mind when I have a free minute.
Reply 7
@Captain Jack do you like my garden :flower2::flower2::flower2:
Update 11/07/16
So my housemate did our garden and I'm ticking that off my 'new house' bucket list. It was all concrete and horrible before, and now it looks like this:

Ooh, yes I do. I like all of the colour and I like the holly leaved fern! Which happens to be one of my favourite ferns. I also like the topiary bunny because... who doesn't like bunnies.
Reply 9
Original post by Captain Jack
Ooh, yes I do. I like all of the colour and I like the holly leaved fern! Which happens to be one of my favourite ferns. I also like the topiary bunny because... who doesn't like bunnies.

It's a stone bunny we found in the back of the garden in an empty flowerpot - she's just covered in moss! She is cute none the less :bunny::bunny::bunny:
@Fox Corner PRSOM your garden looks lovely! :awesome:
There are so many adult things on your list like buying a new dining table. Makes everyone else look like children. :teehee:

Good luck
Original post by Gingerbread101
@Fox Corner PRSOM your garden looks lovely! :awesome:

Thankyou! :flower:

Original post by Legendary Quest
There are so many adult things on your list like buying a new dining table. Makes everyone else look like children. :teehee:

Good luck

This is my first unfurnished house - before this I've been in student housing or at my parents - so I'm actually finding it a bit exciting to do grown-up stuff :tongue:
Update 13.07.16
Had a read of Middlemarch this lunchtime, but at the moment it's going quite slowly. I'd like to get to at least 350 pages this weekend.

85/785
In house updates, the rest of my furniture is coming tomorrow so I can finally finish furnishing my room! Next I just need to make a start on the curtains and get a rug and my room will be finished :biggrin:
Update 13.07.16
Had a read of Middlemarch this lunchtime, but at the moment it's going quite slowly. I'd like to get to at least 350 pages this weekend.

85/785
In house updates, the rest of my furniture is coming tomorrow so I can finally finish furnishing my room! Next I just need to make a start on the curtains and get a rug and my room will be finished :biggrin:

The question we're all asking… what's in that bagel? :gah:
Original post by iEthan
The question we're all asking… what's in that bagel? :gah:

Chicken avocado and mozzarella :cookie: :cookie: it was pretty delicious
Chicken avocado and mozzarella :cookie: :cookie: it was pretty delicious

Mmmmmmmm :drool: bagel goals. :giggle:
Update 21.07.16

I've finally fully unpacked my room!

Need them new curtains :tongue:

Here's my bookcase and a bit of my dressing table.

It feels good to have everything in it's proper place in my new room. Me and my housemates are going to buy a dining table and a bookcase from ikea soon as well so the downstairs will start looking nicer.

:parrot:
Update 11/07/16

I can't really take too much credit for it as I just sat and watched as my housemate potted about 25 plants. But I'm ticking it off my list anyway!

I've also started reading Middlemarch which is 800 pages long - I'm only about 50 pages through but it's good so far! My goal is to finish it by the end of July.

I'd like to finish my new house stuff by the start of next week - me and my new housemates are getting excited about the Ikea website. I haven't had time to do much else, but because I had to make this list it's now always in the back of my mind when I have a free minute.

Garden envy right here :redface:
Update 15/08/2016.
:woo: I can finally update some stuff on my Bucket List!

:yy: Visit Edinburgh Castle

If you follow TSR on instagram (which you all should be doing!) you may have seen this lovely post:

I took that!
I also went up to it, and it was really good. I like the views you get of the whole of Edinburgh city and the surrounding mountains. Pretty awe-inspiring stuff.

:yy: Go to 3 Edinburgh fringe shows

I actually went to about 10 in the couple of days I was there! They do so many free shows, and I really enjoyed most of them. If I get to go again I'd love to go for a bit longer to see a lot more.

:yy: Visit two art galleries and museums

I visited the Museum of War at Edinburgh Castle, The Scottish National Gallery in Edinburgh, and the Kelvingore Gallery and Museum in Glasgow. My favourite was the national gallery I think - I love old paintings. I bought a postcard of a painting of a woman in the 17th century making a poached egg.

Busts in the National Gallery

The Scottish National Gallery main room, and the outside of Kelvingore Gallery with Glasgow Uni in the background.

I had a really nice time in Scotland, and would definitely go there again. It was so rainy and cold I had to buy a mac and a scarf.

Glasgow
I need to get a move on and try and complete as many as I can before the end of August!

Quick Reply

Latest