The Student Room Group

Why do people who drink bottled water think they are better than others?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kelefi
play it safe, prevent muscle cramping and all

Only asked because im taking creatine at the moment and have in the past. Never heard or experienced this. I think its myth. As long as you hit normal hydration targets, then never noticed. I drink more at the gym anyway. Just look at the colour of your pee.
http://www.acvcrampcure.com/blog/does-creatine-cause-muscle-cramps
Original post by AsapRocky
I want to tell you you're not, and you should get over yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well my friend, perhaps you should come and visit me in Beijing right now and maintain that ethos for a month.
Reply 62
Original post by 999tigger
Only asked because im taking creatine at the moment and have in the past. Never heard or experienced this. I think its myth. As long as you hit normal hydration targets, then never noticed. I drink more at the gym anyway. Just look at the colour of your pee.
http://www.acvcrampcure.com/blog/does-creatine-cause-muscle-cramps

I usually only judge by colour of pee anyway xD

but usually i open and end my days with long distance runs, and gym sessions are quite intense for me so im sweating like a madman. Hence why I drink ridiculous amounts of water.
Original post by kelefi
I usually only judge by colour of pee anyway xD

but usually i open and end my days with long distance runs, and gym sessions are quite intense for me so im sweating like a madman. Hence why I drink ridiculous amounts of water.

I hydrate for the electrolytes if its long sessions, just never even thought about creatine. I think its a bit myth.
Original post by MahuduElec
Or just empty the bottle out into a sink?
Better yet, buy a reusable bottle?!!

Again, I'm not gonna waste the water when I live with people who are perfectly happy to drink it.
Reusable bottles are usually more expensive than bottled water (the kind I buy anyway) so I don't see the point in buying them when you're actually getting less for what you pay for. I also prefer to have water in the plastic see through water bottles you get bottled water in, if anybody sold just those bottles on their own i would buy them.
Reply 65
Original post by 999tigger
I hydrate for the electrolytes if its long sessions, just never even thought about creatine. I think its a bit myth.

ah right. Well I suppose either way I need to hydrate.
Doesn't tap water contain hormones e.g oestrogen in it due to being filtered from our urine???? This is what I was told.
I think in some places, tap water tastes different, like down south london, i hate the taste of the water so i always have to get bottled there.. Idk why i hate it so much it has a disgusting taste😂 It might be because london has hardwater and we have soft in bradford.. Not sure but here we have perfectly fine tap water so why waste money on bottles
Original post by Ladymusiclover
Doesn't tap water contain hormones e.g oestrogen in it due to being filtered from our urine???? This is what I was told.

Yeah i've heard that about London tap water
Reply 69
Well, we all know that bottled water is possibly the most overpriced good ever at £3.40 per litre. Let's compare this to petrol, at an average price of £1.12 per litre.

What do you have to do to get petrol, well. First you need to find an oil-containing region, then you need to drill in several sites to find the actual reserve itself. You need either an oil drill, nodding donkey or oil rig depending on the location and depth of the reserve and keep this supplied in a remote part of the world (millions of £ already) to actually get the crude oil. You then need to remove any naturally-occuring impurities in the crude oil eg. sulfur compounds, before loading it onto an oil tanker and shipping it halfway around the earth to somewhere where you can refine it. Here, you can get your petrol and many other compounds besides, but you may also want to treat it or grade it to make it better for use in cars. Also, a little-known fact is that petrol compounds are deliberately varied by oil companies throughout the year to provide the best performance. Once its been refined, you then need to ship the petrol to a petrol station where it can be consumed. This is in addition to the millions of safety laws and pieces of legislation that the oil company will have to adhere to in every country in which it operates.

Whereas for water, you extract it from a spring in the uk somewhere. The spring is unlikely to be deep or hard to find so this will be very easy. You then purify it and optionally add some other materials. You then bottle it, write some bs to put on the label and ship it to supermarket distribution centres.

Which is bloody harder?
London water is very hard, Thats why you get all the scum its also been through several peoples digestive systems by the time it gets to you. It really tastes rubbish. You notice when you live somehwere else.
You'll see me drinking out of a bottle from bottled water a lot, but nine times out of ten, it's tap water and I've just refilled it. :teehee:

Quick Reply

Latest