The Student Room Group

Diagnostic radiography placement

So i have my placement in 2 weeks, this may look like a silly question, will i be able to carry a watter bottle with me, or is that not allowed?
Reply 1
So i have my placement in 2 weeks, this may look like a silly question, will i be able to carry a watter bottle with me, or is that not allowed?
Reply 2
Original post by Ahmed046

You never said what your placement was.

You'll not be able to carry it around with you if you are working on a hospital ward as you'll be able to leave it in a safe place and when it is possible you can grab a quick drink.

If you are welcome in the community - either in a GP practice then you will be fine there.
If you are out and about with the district nurses then you should be fine as well as you'll be traveling around visiting patients.
Reply 3
My placement is diagnostic radiography. Will that still be the case?
(edited 6 months ago)

Why don't you ask your placement tutor for guidance?
It will vary by department, but in my experience there's usually a location nearby like a control room or write-up area where staff will store their drinks bottles. Radiographers like very large water bottles!
Reply 6

Okay you are doing diagnostic radiography - generally you'll be based in the x-ray departments and will only only be walking short distance with the patient for x-ray etc so I wouldn't think that it is necessary for you to carry any bottles around with you as you can always grab a quick drink when at the desk area while getting the next person. What I tend to do if I have a bottle of water I usually leave it at the nurses station and when I get a opportunity I quickly grab some and continue with my work.

I would suggest when you finally start your placement there ask the department head nurse about it as every hospital has there own rules on what you can and can't do.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 7

Hello Ahmed,

I am a Radiographer: This question depends on your situation. If this is for a medical reason then speak to your clinical lecturer/co-ordinater. If it isn't then I'd say drink whenever you can, as you will be on the move majority of the times!

Quick Reply

Latest