The Student Room Group

Does anyone watch My Little Pony?

My (straight male) 19 year old cousin is obsessed with My Little Pony. He has a YouTube channel dedicated to it, draws My Little Pony pictures, posts about it on Facebook, attends conventions and refers to himself as a "bronie". I believe he has seen every episode. This has been ongoing for 3 years now I think.

Please don't make fun of him. He is autistic and tends to have childlike interests.

I have actually never seen an episode myself - I don't think my TV has the right channel - but does anyone here watch it?
I can't say I do, although I have a number of older friends (19-30+) who watch it religiously, with one doing all the drawing and having a YouTube channel dedicated to it herself, too. He's certainly not alone :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by chelseadagg3r
I can't say I do, although I have a number of older friends (19-30+) who watch it religiously, with one doing all the drawing and having a YouTube channel dedicated to it herself, too. He's certainly not alone :smile:

Thank you. I do worry about him as he is at uni now and I feel that people might bully him. Because he's autistic, he doesn't tend to pick up on when he's being laughed AT, rather than WITH.
Original post by Platopus
Thank you. I do worry about him as he is at uni now and I feel that people might bully him. Because he's autistic, he doesn't tend to pick up on when he's being laughed AT, rather than WITH.

I know what you mean. My brother is autistic and I've had a few autistic friends too. It seems to get a bit better over the years, at least in the experience of my friends and brother. The older their peers were, the more they seemed to understand. I hope all goes well for him!
Original post by Platopus

I'm on the spectrum myself and I still own a 3DS with particularly childish games on it (Fullblox for example...)
Maybe, like myself, he isn't interested in any of the violent stuff people his age buy.
Reply 5
Original post by chelseadagg3r
I know what you mean. My brother is autistic and I've had a few autistic friends too. It seems to get a bit better over the years, at least in the experience of my friends and brother. The older their peers were, the more they seemed to understand. I hope all goes well for him!

Original post by shawn_o1
I'm on the spectrum myself and I still own a 3DS with particularly childish games on it (Fullblox for example...)
Maybe, like myself, he isn't interested in any of the violent stuff people his age buy.

Thanks, both of you. I'm probably worrying too much about him, really as he does seem to have friends.

Quick Reply

Latest