The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

St Marys Durham Boughton Wing?

Hello everyone, I'm a first-year international student heading to Durham for law. I was assigned Marys, which I was quite pleased about due to the colleges reputation and proximity to the law school but have recently been assigned to the Boughton wing. I'm not upset about this as it does have an ensuite as I requested but I am a little confused about where the Boughton wing is.

I don't want to be segregated from the rest of Marys and genuinely want to meet all my peers equally and am a little afraid being in a all-women wing would ruin my chances of that. Has anyone ever been in Boughton wing or maybe have a map showing its placement in regards to the rest of the college?
I'm in the Boughton Wing as well! No idea where it is though I think it may be in the main building (Ferguson) just because I don't think the Williamson building has wings? But please someone tell me if I'm wrong. It shouldn't affect your overall experience it's still at Mary's just means other people on the wing will just be female. I got an ensuite even though I didn't ask so I'm definitely NOT complaining haha.

What are you studying?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by V Ash
Hello everyone, I'm a first-year international student heading to Durham for law. I was assigned Marys, which I was quite pleased about due to the colleges reputation and proximity to the law school but have recently been assigned to the Boughton wing. I'm not upset about this as it does have an ensuite as I requested but I am a little confused about where the Boughton wing is.

I don't want to be segregated from the rest of Marys and genuinely want to meet all my peers equally and am a little afraid being in a all-women wing would ruin my chances of that. Has anyone ever been in Boughton wing or maybe have a map showing its placement in regards to the rest of the college?

Hi there

The Boughton Wing is located in the Williamson building- one of the two major accommodation blocks on Elvet hill (the main college site). So you definitely won't be segregated from the rest of the college. Here's a tour of the college to put things into perspective: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cMRJ_tyCZ4. This has a part part dedicated to the Williamson building tour and ensuite bedrooms so do have a look at that :smile:

-Himieka
Reply 3
Original post by Durham Students
Hi there

The Boughton Wing is located in the Williamson building- one of the two major accommodation blocks on Elvet hill (the main college site). So you definitely won't be segregated from the rest of the college. Here's a tour of the college to put things into perspective: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cMRJ_tyCZ4. This has a part part dedicated to the Williamson building tour and ensuite bedrooms so do have a look at that :smile:

-Himieka

ahh that’s wonderful to find out, i heard the Williamson building does not allow posters, is that true?
Original post by ash1234097
ahh that’s wonderful to find out, i heard the Williamson building does not allow posters, is that true?

I have no idea haha, I'm not a Mary's student. But your college will give you a list of all prohibited items when you move in or maybe even before that. I don't see why posters would be disallowed though, as long as you use blue/white tac so the wall paint doesn't come off.

-Himieka

Quick Reply

Latest