The Student Room Group

Travelling buddies?

I'm taking a gap year but all of my friends are either at uni or working so won't come with me.

Anyone travelling and fancy taking a fun, blonde 19 year old with them? (Without sounding creepy!)

If not, you think I'd be cool going alone? Parents aren't too keen for me to go on my own.

Suggestions? :smile:
Reply 1
M or F? :wink:

Try here, people just like you

http://www.travel-buddies.com/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by SMEGGGY
M or F? :wink:

Try here, people just like you

http://www.travel-buddies.com/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool, thanks, I'll have a look :smile:
If you don't find partner to travel together, you can visit Southeast Asia where you travel alone with budget. Furthermore, in Vietnam you can book free tour to travel around with student tour guides.
Original post by ellajones
I'm taking a gap year but all of my friends are either at uni or working so won't come with me.

Anyone travelling and fancy taking a fun, blonde 19 year old with them? (Without sounding creepy!)

If not, you think I'd be cool going alone? Parents aren't too keen for me to go on my own.

Where were you thinking of going?
I'm in exactly the same position! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can take a tour if you don't have a partner for travelling. I have visited quite a few places in Southeast Asia including Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos,.. and find that this region is quite safe. Of them, Vietnam is the country having the cheapest expense. If travelling in Vietnam, you can take a tour planned by Vietnam Tour Booking.
Reply 7
I agree with Brayden Lyle, you should get a tour if you intend to travel alone, it is a safest way and your parents will not worry much about your trip.

Original post by Waterfallgirl02
I'm in exactly the same position! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not sure if this thread has died out but I'm in the same position as well! Planning on travelling next year, when were you both going to go?
2017. At the moment I am thinking of volunteering through an organisation for 6+ months :smile:

Hi Ella,

There are lots of great tours you can take with young people like yourself, which is a great way to explore as well as make a ton of new friends.

Did you have any ideas for destinations and particular activities/experiences you had in mind?

Best wishes,

Mariah
Topdeck Travel
Reply 11
Hey I'm also looking to go travelling this summer for a month, but all of my friends are either in full time jobs or have no money.

Where are you thinking of going?
I'm wanting to take a gap year and travel next year... I'm looking to travel fairly cheaply. The only place I'm desperate to go to is Thailand, I'm open to suggestions of anywhere else. If anyone's interested in coming on a gap year (or even just travel with me for a few weeks and see where the wind takes us) then drop me a message!
Original post by Chloe_Butters
I'm wanting to take a gap year and travel next year... I'm looking to travel fairly cheaply. The only place I'm desperate to go to is Thailand, I'm open to suggestions of anywhere else. If anyone's interested in coming on a gap year (or even just travel with me for a few weeks and see where the wind takes us) then drop me a message!

Hi Chloe,

Yes I'm also wanting to go travelling, i've messaged you!
(edited 5 years ago)
me too!

Original post by ellsbuckley
Hi Chloe,

Yes I'm also wanting to go travelling, i've messaged you!
Original post by rosielewisxox
me too!

Sorry if you guys have already found people, but I am also super keen too!
Original post by millie3467
Sorry if you guys have already found people, but I am also super keen too!

me too lol :biggrin:
Original post by willsp8
me too lol :biggrin:

i'm down also! has there been any communication about this?
Original post by larrupedpenguin
i'm down also! has there been any communication about this?

nope! feel free to message me i guess

Quick Reply

Latest