The Student Room Group

Cameron's finest moments

Cameron certainly wasn't a great PM, but he wasn't terrible either. He was alright. He did some stupid things, and he did some good things. In my opinion though, his most amazingly smart move was his decision to fly Syrian refugees directly to the UK. That meant that they didn't have to traverse the dangerous journey across the Med to get here, and it also meant that those we were taking in were actual refugees, and families too, and it of course meant that our government could decide exactly how many they wanted to take in. A fantastic move, very wise, pragmatic, and also compassionate.

What other things did you think he did that were good?
:oink:
Reply 2
Original post by Platopus
:oink:

The pig thing will always be a favourite. Oink oink.
Legalising gay marriage was good. Apart from that I am struggling domestic policy wise...

Foreign policy will be his greatest legacy though. Brexit is going to be the making of this country, I believe, and laying the ground work to take us out will give him a significant place in history. Even though it is the reverse of what he intended!

He gave the country the chance to make its own decision and he really didn't have to. That was his finest moment.

Scotland is going to leave eventually though. That will be a lasting stain on his reputation.

In terms of achieving what he set out to do he has to go down as one of our worst PM's...
Reply 4
Proclaim and tweet his love for Larry the cat today.
Since everyone's going for piggate, I'm going to go for this...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18391663
He gave us all a laugh when his bike was stolen when he locked it up and went into a shop.
He locked it to a bollard. That is, a 3ft post without any chains etc running from each side. Some criminal mastermind simply lifted the bike and lock off the post and rode away.
When he came out witnesses said he stood there open mouthed saying " But I locked it.....but I locked it!'😁
There is phone footage on yt somewhere of it..
Reply 8
I will forever applaud him for legalising gay marriage, especially since he is a Tory. Other than piggate and Brexit, I think he will be remembered by modernising the Tories and making them electable. I hope history won't forget the time he tried to cut tax credits and the disability benefit; that was truly despicable.

I have always been very critical of him, but I'd take him over many Tory MPs.
"You don't need it to be Christmas to know when you're sitting next to a turkey"
Cameron is a dirty pig ****er can't wait to be rid of him
Reply 11
"For heavens sake man, go"

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending