The Student Room Group

Mass shooting in Munich

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DauntlessOne
It was a Muslim terrorist!

no. The shooter appears to be German and not of foreign descent. Could be a Muslim convert but no reports of that yet.
Original post by Trapz99
no. The shooter appears to be German and not of foreign descent. Could be a Muslim convert but no reports of that yet.

Do you have a source for that?
Original post by NickLCFC
Do you have a source for that?

Lol no just comments on twitter from conservatives. There are now reports that it was a neo-Nazi group.
CNN witness is reporting a shooter shouted "Allahu Ackbar"

Other sources report anti-immigrant shouts

So confusing!
Unconfirmed reports of one of the gunman shouting ‘I am German i was born here’
UPDATE: One gunman killed himself
Original post by Hachik0
Unconfirmed reports of one of the gunman shouting ‘I am German i was born here’

This isn't really unconfirmed. There is a video of the guy saying it
Reply 227
Original post by BaconandSauce
I didn't realise you knew the shooter personally

No I didn't.

I actually waited until more information was available and went on Sky News. Eyewitnesses said that the shooter exclaimed that he was German and shouted "**** immigrants".

Police also rule out Islamic Terrorism.
Attacker was not Muslim. We can confirm that now. He may have been a Nazi
Original post by TelAviv

So confusing!

I've seen more sources stating anti-immigrant comments were shouted, plus considering today is the 5th anniversary of Ander Breivik shooting, it would seem to me that far-right groups might be the most probable culprits. Although we obviously cant rule out an Islamist attack.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TelAviv

So confusing!

Only CNN is reporting that, all other media saying witnesses did not hear anything of that sorts.
Reply 231
Original post by Trapz99

Police rule out Islamic Terrorism. Read before you make assumptions Trapz. You have been known to do this.
Original post by Lujubi
Police rule out Islamic Terrorism. Read before you make assumptions Trapz. You have been known to do this.

Source?
Original post by Lujubi
I actually waited until more information was available and went on Sky News. Eyewitnesses said that the shooter exclaimed that he was German and shouted "**** immigrants".

This isn't actually true. A bystander actually shouted "****ing foreigner" at the shooter himself.

See this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/Munich22July/comments/4u4f0g/video_of_people_offending_the_shooter_screaming/
Reply 234
Source?

Sky's Sam Kiley says a video has emerged of one of the gunmen filmed from a rooftop in Munich. In it the gunman says: "I'm a German" and he grew up on benefits. And he talks about some kind of treatment. It's not clear if he is talking about medical treatment or treatment that he is claiming to be the victim of.
Witnesses said that the terrorist was a white man who shouted "I'm German!" and "**** immigrants!" as he shot innocent by bystanders
A Munich police spokesman says there is no indication of Islamist terror.
This information has been out for a while. I have already posted this.

You have also seemed to delete your post stating "false". These sources back my claims so, True.
Original post by Lujubi

Source?

They haven't ruled it out, they have stated that currently there is no indication. Currently they don't even know how many people are involved (it appears there are three, but no one knows for sure) or who they are.*
Reply 236
This isn't actually true. A bystander actually shouted "****ing foreigner" (not ****) at the shooter himself.

See this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/Munich22July/comments/4u4f0g/video_of_people_offending_the_shooter_screaming/

I haven't checked out Reddit yet but I have sources from news outlets quoting this.
Original post by Lujubi
No I didn't.

Police also rule out Islamic Terrorism.

Odd given you seem so sure you knew what this wasn't a case of But yes there are multiple reposts calming multiple things so best not jump the gun here and wait for the facts a little longer
Original post by Lujubi
I haven't checked out Reddit yet but I have sources from news outlets quoting this.

I watched the video, and it seems pretty clear a guy on the balcony shouted it, to which the shooter replied that he is German and born there.
Original post by Sir Fox
I watched the video, and it seems pretty clear a guy on the balcony shouted it, to which the shooter replied that he is German and born there.

Do you speak German?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending