The Student Room Group

University of Groningen vs Maastricht University

So I'm interested in these two universities: University of Groningen and Maastricht University. My question is which university is better/well known and have a better student life. Feel free to share your opinion from your experiences.

PS. If you know any good university that teach business in undergraduate feel free to take about it!
Groningen has got better nightlife than Maastricht apparently.
Reply 2
Bump
Reply 3
Hello,
I am a second year law student at Maastricht university. The student life is alright for such a small city. You can however travel to many big cities (Brussels, Liege etc) easily. The Faculty itself is good. Tutors are generally pleased to help out with anything and are friendly. The educational system is different than many other countries (not sure where you are from). I hope you find this helpful! if you have further questions do not hesitate to get in touch!
Reply 4
Hey guys,
I'm debating whether to study abroad or not so why did you guys decide to study in Holland and not in England? What's the courses like? How's the nightlife? And is the cost of living not too high?
Reply 5
Original post by mautumn
Hey guys,
I'm debating whether to study abroad or not so why did you guys decide to study in Holland and not in England? What's the courses like? How's the nightlife? And is the cost of living not too high?

I went to Utrecht and loved it. My course was good with different opportunities and experiences I wouldn't have had on a masters in the UK. Cost of living was the same as a UK non-London city. My rent was £90pw in a 2 bed flat. Nightlife wise they do nightlife differently. Less of a binge drinking culture. Bars stay open past 11 so lots of people will stay in a bar with their friends until 2 rather than going to a club. Busses are good by the way for getting home as most cities have late busses on Friday and Saturday nights.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending