The Student Room Group

Statutory Declaration for Residency

Student finance says i have a gap of 2 weeks in my residency, and i have nothing to prove it!
Will a statutory Declaration work in proving my residency??as it would be a shame if i cant go to university over 2 weeks!!
Hi,

Can you advise why there is a gap of two weeks in your residency?

Thanks
Reply 2
Original post by Morven SFE
Hi,

Can you advise why there is a gap of two weeks in your residency?

Thanks

Hiya, i am applying under the half life residency, i have a gap at the very beginning from 03/11/2006 tp 20/11/2006, as this was such a long time ago i have nothing to prove, i was literally 9 years old at the time!
Im thinking my last chance is to get a statutory declaration as i have literally nothing else.
Please help me
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi Shado123

If you were a minor we can accept:

School certificates

Letters from school or college- Stating dates they attended to and from on
letter. Letter must be on headed paper with full address and hand signed.

Child tax credit letter, as long as you are named on it

Child benefit- This can be accepted as supporting evidence. Parents are required to send in proof to support this e.g. P60’s

School reports- Showing year they attended, letter must be on headed paper with full address and hand signed by a teacher.

Thanks
Reply 4
Hi Shado123

If you were a minor we can accept:

School certificates

Letters from school or college- Stating dates they attended to and from on
letter. Letter must be on headed paper with full address and hand signed.

Child tax credit letter, as long as you are named on it

Child benefit- This can be accepted as supporting evidence. Parents are required to send in proof to support this e.g. P60’s

School reports- Showing year they attended, letter must be on headed paper with full address and hand signed by a teacher.

Thanks

The thing is we have nothing for those two weeks unfortunately, all we have are school confirmation letters showing i left a school 2/3months before the date they need!
Hi Shado123

Your guardians may have been receiving tax credits possibly for you during this time or child benefit. Maybe see if they have letters for this.

Thanks
Reply 6
Hi Shado123

Your guardians may have been receiving tax credits possibly for you during this time or child benefit. Maybe see if they have letters for this.

Thanks

Unfortunately we dont have any such documents, our last hope is a statutory declaration with supporting documents infering we have lived been resident since before the date required.
Original post by Shado123
Unfortunately we dont have any such documents, our last hope is a statutory declaration with supporting documents infering we have lived been resident since before the date required.

Hi Shado, We cant confirm this evidence would be accepted as its not one of our standard residency documents. We would advise you call us to discuss your situation further on 0300 100 0607. Thanks
Reply 8
Hi Shado, We cant confirm this evidence would be accepted as its not one of our standard residency documents. We would advise you call us to discuss your situation further on 0300 100 0607. Thanks

Ive called and theyve said that i should give it a go as it is the last possible thing i could do. Do statutory declarations only work in certain circumstances?
Hi

We normally only accept a Statutory Declaration Forms as evidence of marital status or estrangement. You can forward this form to us and an assessor will look at your case and make a final decision if acceptable.

thanks
Reply 10
Hi

We normally only accept a Statutory Declaration Forms as evidence of marital status or estrangement. You can forward this form to us and an assessor will look at your case and make a final decision if acceptable.

thanks

Which form? Marital status or enstrangement form?
Or are you saying i should go ahead and try with the statutory regulation to prove residency?
Please clarify
Thanks
Reply 11
Hi

thanks

Also if i was able to send in my passport with date of entry on would that be sufficient to prove residence
HI

As we do not have access to your account through the forum we would ask that you contact us on 0300 100 0607 to enable us to look over the evidence you have provided already and we can try and assist in what further evidence to send.

Thanks
Reply 13
Hi

I would suggest that you contact the department of Business Innovation and Skills to complain.

I am in a similar situation and don't think it it possible to have 12 years plus worth of documents to cover every day. I wonder if the people in student finance have 13years worth of evidence at home. I also considering a high court action. If everyone in similar situation would like to discuss this
Reply 14
Original post by Daki
Hi

I would suggest that you contact the department of Business Innovation and Skills to complain.

I am in a similar situation and don't think it it possible to have 12 years plus worth of documents to cover every day. I wonder if the people in student finance have 13years worth of evidence at home. I also considering a high court action. If everyone in similar situation would like to discuss this

Its very annoying isnt it! Its not fair at all, how can they expect people to have evidence going that far back! I think the BIS should be contacted so a proper and fair system should be put in place, weve waited so long for them to put a policy in place only for them to now still deny us from something that is rightfully ours

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending