The Student Room Group

Edexcel a level maths and further maths

Hey everyone, I wanted to ask if I was able to take the exams for Edexcel FP1,2 and 3 even if I dont do Further maths. Because our school doesnt provide further maths coz we live in hk. And I think sekf studying or even with tuiton 6 exams in a year is too much. So again will I be able to take the exams for edexcel fp1,2 and 3 even if I dont want the further maths qualification.
Original post by Apdhillon15
Hey everyone, I wanted to ask if I was able to take the exams for Edexcel FP1,2 and 3 even if I dont do Further maths. Because our school doesnt provide further maths coz we live in hk. And I think sekf studying or even with tuiton 6 exams in a year is too much. So again will I be able to take the exams for edexcel fp1,2 and 3 even if I dont want the further maths qualification.

Yes you can and it could be cashed in as an AS in further maths if you did it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes! As said above you can cash that in as Further Maths AS.
Reply 3
I can cash FP1,2 and 3 as AS modules in EDEXCEL??? I thought for AS further maths u can only do FP1 and 2 applied modules.

Also I wanted to ask if I could do FP1 in the first year and then FP2 and FP3 in second year??
I can cash FP1,2 and 3 as AS modules in EDEXCEL??? I thought for AS further maths u can only do FP1 and 2 applied modules.

Also I wanted to ask if I could do FP1 in the first year and then FP2 and FP3 in second year??

AS Further Maths can be cashed in with FP1 plus ANY two other units except C1-4. Most people will do 2 applications units as they are generally not as challenging as FP2 and 3. With all modular A levels, including maths and further maths, you can take the exams whenever you like and cash in when you have completed all of the required units.
Reply 5
I'm sorry for bothering you but I dont get what cashed in or cashing in means. Sorry but I'm new to this a level stuff and I dont really get what they mean
I'm sorry for bothering you but I dont get what cashed in or cashing in means. Sorry but I'm new to this a level stuff and I dont really get what they mean

Cash in is a simple process where you request that your individual modular unit results are combined and your final qualification grade is awarded. It is something your exams office will do automatically when they do your exam entries or may be something you have to request if you take any of your unit exams privately or resit any exams in the future.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest