The Student Room Group
Ravensbourne University London
London

Art Foundation at Ravensbourne 2016

(Firstly, I'm new to the student room so sorry if this isn't the right place to put my questions)
Hiya, I've got a place at Ravensbourne foundation year starting in September, so I was wonder if any prospective students or past students could help me with some of the stuff I'm worried about.

I was wondering if I needed a laptop for the foundation year, as I don't have one.
Also, as the foundation contains photography if I need a camera for photography?

Thank you for reading, any advice at all from past experiences would be great even if it doesn't apply directly to my questions :')
Original post by smallslowpoke
(Firstly, I'm new to the student room so sorry if this isn't the right place to put my questions)
Hiya, I've got a place at Ravensbourne foundation year starting in September, so I was wonder if any prospective students or past students could help me with some of the stuff I'm worried about.

I was wondering if I needed a laptop for the foundation year, as I don't have one.
Also, as the foundation contains photography if I need a camera for photography?

Thank you for reading, any advice at all from past experiences would be great even if it doesn't apply directly to my questions :':wink:

I'm going to summon their rep to this thread and move it to the Ravensbourne forum where it's more likely to be seen by current students

@Ravensbourne
London
Original post by PQ
I'm going to summon their rep to this thread and move it to the Ravensbourne forum where it's more likely to be seen by current students

@Ravensbourne

Thank you!
Original post by smallslowpoke

Thank you for reading, any advice at all from past experiences would be great even if it doesn't apply directly to my questions :':wink:

Hi smallslowpoke,

Congratulations on your foundation spot, I am an animation student who also did a foundation. In terms of whether you require a laptop heavily in foundation, can depend on the choice of foundation course between. Fashion & Textiles, Design & Media and Design in Media Production.

I took design and media which had a fair balance between digital work and hands on projects, during the cases where I needed equipment that I did not have (such as a DSLR) I was able to loan out from the CLR with no issues at all. During this stage they do not hold expectations of students in foundation to have the necessary equipment and sometimes supplied during some class sessions where it was needed.

Do not worry too much, any equipment is made available to you through CLR but expectations are different during your degree and they will then expect you to have come prepared with equipment suited to your chosen pathway. :smile:

Hope this is helpful,
Jay :biggrin:
Original post by Ravensbourne
Hi smallslowpoke,

Congratulations on your foundation spot, I am an animation student who also did a foundation. In terms of whether you require a laptop heavily in foundation, can depend on the choice of foundation course between. Fashion & Textiles, Design & Media and Design in Media Production.

I took design and media which had a fair balance between digital work and hands on projects, during the cases where I needed equipment that I did not have (such as a DSLR) I was able to loan out from the CLR with no issues at all. During this stage they do not hold expectations of students in foundation to have the necessary equipment and sometimes supplied during some class sessions where it was needed.

Do not worry too much, any equipment is made available to you through CLR but expectations are different during your degree and they will then expect you to have come prepared with equipment suited to your chosen pathway. :smile:

Hope this is helpful,
Jay :biggrin:

Thank you so much! Your reply has been really helpful :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending