The Student Room Group

Have 2 A levels worth 80 UCAS Points? Can i go to UNI for architecture?

i have 2 A levels worth 80 UCAS points. i do not want to do a foundation year.

realistically what are my options? is it too late for Access to HE Course if i want to UNI next year. i have also done a L3 Apprenticeship in a different subject to the course i will be applying to at UNI
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by I’m the one

realistically what are my options? is it too late for Access to HE Course if i want to UNI next year. i have also done a L3 Apprenticeship in a different subject to the course i will be applying to at UNI

There are some unis which would accept 80 UCAS points for some of their courses. What sort of degree course / subject were you interested in? And what subjects / grades are those A levels (as that may be relevant).
Original post by DataVenia
There are some unis which would accept 80 UCAS points for some of their courses. What sort of degree course / subject were you interested in? And what subjects / grades are those A levels (as that may be relevant).

There are in IT and Business. i want to do Architecture. i have been looking At low ranking Uni such as Southbank. But they also require 3 A levels. is it too late to Access course now?

St Mary’s Twickenham do Film Studies and you just need 80 UCAS
There are in IT and Business. i want to do Architecture. i have been looking At low ranking Uni such as Southbank. But they also require 3 A levels. is it too late to Access course now?

How about Ravensbourne University London? For their BA (Hons) Architecture they want "Two A levels, grade C or above". They do point out, however, that "Students should ideally have a background in art, creative media or design." Do you have that sort of background? Would you be able to create a portfolio of work?

(I've no idea about an Access to HE course. Sorry.)

You would have to check whether a college would accept you at this stage for an access course. I suspect they wont. As far as universities are concerned most want 3 A levels or equivalent but you might find one accepting 2. Also are your subjects going to be acceptable for architecture. Maybe your best option would be to fast track an A level in a year and get any pass to give you 3 A levels or starting an access course next year.

Another option to consider is an Art and Design Foundation Diploma (also known as an FAD). It is a one-year course that bridges the gap between A levels and creative degree courses and can be taken at a local further education college. Again I think you are too late to join a course this year but it might be worth contacting some colleges to check.

Have a look at the following thread regarding entry requirements for architecture courses:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7361710
Original post by swanseajack1
You would have to check whether a college would accept you at this stage for an access course. I suspect they wont. As far as universities are concerned most want 3 A levels or equivalent but you might find one accepting 2. Also are your subjects going to be acceptable for architecture. Maybe your best option would be to fast track an A level in a year and get any pass to give you 3 A levels or starting an access course next year.

i have been looking at remote fast track access course. i am just waiting to hear back from the provider. so let see what they say
You could look at taking this (the only online provider of FAD courses I'm aware of with an intake in sept/Oct and Dec/January) but it's likely to take 12 months so wouldn't be complete in time to start at university next september unless you could convince them that you'd be able to catch up with the Sept/Oct cohort. https://www.artcoursework.com/course/foundation-art

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending