The Student Room Group

AS = Failed AF

Title should pretty much explain it. I now have to retake.

D is English and Literature.
U in Religious Studies.
E in Sociology.

Shocked, kind of. Disappointed, of course.

I cannot, absolutely cannot be bothered to retake. I just can't do it. I struggled through the first year, I hated my college, my classes. Now I have to retake. Great.

After college, not sure if I want to go to University. Was going to take a gap year and either do an apprenticeship or do voluntary charity work abroad. Not even sure if I'll get a good chance at going to University. If I did go I wouldn't know what I would want to do tbh.

I'm just rambling. I'm upset.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GradesUnlocked
Title should pretty much explain it. I now have to retake.

D is English and Literature.
U in Religious Studies.
E in Sociology.

Shocked, kind of. Disappointed, of course.

I cannot, absolutely cannot be bothered to retake. I just can't do it. I struggled through the first year, I hated my college, my classes. Now I have to retake. Great.

After college, not sure if I want to go to University. Was going to take a gap year and either do an apprenticeship or do voluntary charity work abroad. Not even sure if I'll get a good chance at going to University. If I did go I wouldn't know what I would want to do tbh.

I'm just rambling. I'm upset.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you considered maybe stopping the academic side of education and moving onto practical and vocational? Maybe look at some BTECs or jumping into an apprenticeship now?
Original post by Nirgilis
Have you considered maybe stopping the academic side of education and moving onto practical and vocational? Maybe look at some BTECs or jumping into an apprenticeship now?

I've definitely considered it. But at the same time I don't want to have that regret, knowing I was so close to completing A Levels. Quite lol.

And I don't know what I would want to do. I'm the type of person who doesn't mind doing near enough anything. But what is right for me?

Thanks for getting back. I appreciate it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm in such a similar position to you. I got BBUU which are such contrasting grades. I have no idea what I'm going to do.
Original post by GradesUnlocked
I've definitely considered it. But at the same time I don't want to have that regret, knowing I was so close to completing A Levels. Quite lol.

And I don't know what I would want to do. I'm the type of person who doesn't mind doing near enough anything. But what is right for me?

Thanks for getting back. I appreciate it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you have someone at school who you could talk to? :smile: . If you want to continue so you get A-levels, then you will have to put some work into it :yep: . However, it is only for another year.
Original post by Elizabeth121
I'm in such a similar position to you. I got BBUU which are such contrasting grades. I have no idea what I'm going to do.

Same here. I'm so lost.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nirgilis
Do you have someone at school who you could talk to? :smile: . If you want to continue so you get A-levels, then you will have to put some work into it :yep: . However, it is only for another year.

I'll pop in and check to see what my options are, however, I don't see myself retaking. I just can't bring myself to do it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest