The Student Room Group

university straight after GCSE

My Dad thinks that I can got to University straight after Secondary school, But i only got 3 A*'s, A 's and 2 B's.
In my opinion i want to go to college and further my education but the man wont listen.
Is it possible for me to go to University with these results?
HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.

No. Take your A-levels.
Original post by AbigailHub
My Dad thinks that I can got to University straight after Secondary school, But i only got 3 A*'s, A 's and 2 B's.
In my opinion i want to go to college and further my education but the man wont listen.

You dad is severely misinformed! Every one have to do 2 years compulsory A-levels/BTEC before going to University you need to be 18 to go Uni anyway.

No you are ment to be in compulsory education until you are 18 years old. You can't just jump the compulsory 2 years you are ment to spend in college/sixth form!

Edit: I reckon an exception to this would be if you were a child genius!
(edited 7 years ago)
lol thats bant right there
Your dad obviously has zero knowledge on this issue. You can't, simples.

Even if a uni let you in, which would be laughable without any Alevels or equivalent anyway. I wouldn't suggest going before you're 18 as you'd be left out socially for obvious reasons and no offence, I highly doubt your mature enough.
(edited 7 years ago)

No, you need a Level 3 qualification, which means A levels, BTEC, IB or an Access course.
Theoretically you might be able to find a way to do one online but realistically it would be a huge mistake
Yes it's possible to get to University if you got good GCSEs. Foundation Degree or Foundation year in one of the lower ranking Universities such as Bolton University. I've seen it happen but the person regretted it because they missed out on a lot of experiences during them years even though they finished their degree at 19/20*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending