The Student Room Group

Accounting Apprenticeships

I got my gcses and i want do accoutning apprenticeship i wanna know what i can do in uni with my grades if i do go on to perform well in college i got 5s in sciences 6 in maths and re and history and 7 in both english but i failed spanish would this be a big setback or is there many things i can do.
Reply 1
If you're looking to do accounting at uni, I don't think the Spanish grade will be relevant at all.

Do you definitely want to go to uni or would you consider an accounting apprenticeship straight from college?

Both myself and my husband are chartered accountants and did the apprenticeship route after A Level. Not intentionally - husband didn't get the grades to get into the uni he wanted and I went but quit after 6 weeks! We both ended up fully qualified a good 2 years earlier than if we had taken the uni route, had 4 years of experience under our belts and no student debt!

I'm not against university at all, my daughter is going in September. Just giving you some options to consider

PS my husband got a N in maths A level and still qualified as a chartered accountant so your Spanish GCSE grade should not worry you :smile:
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Julieb3108
If you're looking to do accounting at uni, I don't think the Spanish grade will be relevant at all.

Do you definitely want to go to uni or would you consider an accounting apprenticeship straight from college?

Both myself and my husband are chartered accountants and did the apprenticeship route after A Level. Not intentionally - husband didn't get the grades to get into the uni he wanted and I went but quit after 6 weeks! We both ended up fully qualified a good 2 years earlier than if we had taken the uni route, had 4 years of experience under our belts and no student debt!

I'm not against university at all, my daughter is going in September. Just giving you some options to consider

PS my husband got a N in maths A level and still qualified as a chartered accountant so your Spanish GCSE grade should not worry you :smile:

Thank you for easing the stress if i was to do accounting it would be an apprenticeship if i dont do that it will most likely be like economics or something like that so i just wanted to know where my gcse grades would hold me back because i do kno that medicine and all that is off the table but i didnt really care about that much so other than that i just wanted to know my options.
Reply 3
Please don't stress, that one result is not going to define your future at all. You're clearly ambitious and have other grades which are great, focus on all the good that you've achieved and your positive, ambitious and can do attitude will be what matters

Even if you do ever 'fail' an important exam in the future, it doesn't matter, you learn where you went wrong, re-take and be better than you were before
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest