The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

University of Sheffield Freshers Megathread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hette_
I wasn't sure about the first night either, but it looks like quite a few people are thinking about going out on the chats I'm in. Maybe we should wait with that till we find more flatmates? Unless you like the look of ice breakers, I think those tickets sell out fast!

Yeah well if everyone is booking all the events then I'm fine with booking them, and the first night beach thing does look good, I just wasn't sure what people thought about the first night. We could wait a few days I suppose but we may never find our flat mates and we don't want all the tickets to sellout! And I still can't find what the ice breakers are?
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 81
Original post by CalistaJupiter
Yeah well if everyone is booking all the events then I'm fine with booking them, and the first night beach thing does look good, I just wasn't sure what people thought about the first night. We could wait a few days I suppose but we may never find our flat mates and we don't want all the tickets to sellout! And I still can't find what the ice breakers are?

Didn't someone say earlier on this thread that there will still be tickets when we get there?
https://www.fatsoma.com/mobile/events/g6a2cvft << ice breakers
Yeah, I feel like we bagged the best building, it's so nice :biggrin: and tbh there aren't that many sheffield freshers in general on tsr this year so I'm really surprised I've found another biochemist! And yeah, I'll probably see you there, so glad I got endcliffe because everyone says it's the best haha

Is is bad that it was part of the reason I decided to firm Sheffield 😂😂 And I know it's a bit of a shame ngl would have been nice to meet a bigger group of us, and maybe some flat mates, but eh what can you do - at least everyone I've met so far seems pretty cool!! And omg yeah same like I'm more of a house party-er than a clubber so great to know there will always be lots going on nearby :biggrin:
Original post by Hette_
Didn't someone say earlier on this thread that there will still be tickets when we get there?
https://www.fatsoma.com/mobile/events/g6a2cvft << ice breakers

Yeah I doubt people will have booked every event because most people won't find all their flatmates, but maybe booking a couple of the best to be sure is a good idea? And that icebreaker thing looks awesome :adore: so if people are going to that one on the first night then I'm in, but it's a pretty pricey one if people decided not to go haha
Original post by Applescruff
Is is bad that it was part of the reason I decided to firm Sheffield 😂😂 And I know it's a bit of a shame ngl would have been nice to meet a bigger group of us, and maybe some flat mates, but eh what can you do - at least everyone I've met so far seems pretty cool!! And omg yeah same like I'm more of a house party-er than a clubber so great to know there will always be lots going on nearby :biggrin:

I know, I have a soft spot for that building and it's right next to a park so I was like… this is too cute not to firm, I love Sheffield. And you may still meet your flatmates/more biochemists, there's still a month to go haha! And who doesn't love a good house party? Endcliffe seems like the place to be for all that and it'll be way more convenient to meet people :smile:
Anyone in Yarncliffe B1? :smile:
Reply 86
Yeah I doubt people will have booked every event because most people won't find all their flatmates, but maybe booking a couple of the best to be sure is a good idea? And that icebreaker thing looks awesome :adore: so if people are going to that one on the first night then I'm in, but it's a pretty pricey one if people decided not to go haha

It does, think I might just stay with the SU stuff to begin with, we'll definitely meet people there/find people to go with. Either way we'd have a good night :u: why am I so indecisive :angry:
Original post by Hette_
It does, think I might just stay with the SU stuff to begin with, we'll definitely meet people there/find people to go with. Either way we'd have a good night :u: why am I so indecisive :angry:

Yeah I agree, we can't wait around forever to find people, we're lucky to have actually found each other on here haha and yeah I think sticking with the su ones to begin with is a good idea because then we know they're the ones people will likely go to. So the frat party, ROAR and Greg James take over? We're there any others I've forgotten haha :biggrin:
Reply 88
Yeah I agree, we can't wait around forever to find people, we're lucky to have actually found each other on here haha and yeah I think sticking with the su ones to begin with is a good idea because then we know they're the ones people will likely go to. So the frat party, ROAR and Greg James take over? We're there any others I've forgotten haha :biggrin:

Very lucky! Seems like there's not many people on the thread! The only other one would be the beach party on the Sunday. When do you move into the accommodation? :smile:
Original post by Hette_
Very lucky! Seems like there's not many people on the thread! The only other one would be the beach party on the Sunday. When do you move into the accommodation? :smile:

Ah yeah the beach party as well, we could always wait a bit longer for that one to see if people are booking the ice breaker instead? Idk haha and I'm moving in on Sunday 18th :smile:
Reply 90
Ah yeah the beach party as well, we could always wait a bit longer for that one to see if people are booking the ice breaker instead? Idk haha and I'm moving in on Sunday 18th :smile:

Yeah we can do that, I definitely want to get Greg James and Roar though so I think I'll do that :smile: same! I'm moving in in the morning, have you booked your time slot yet?
Reply 91
Only got round to registering for accommodation on the 26th. Should there still be some left, and how long did they take to get back to you?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Original post by Hette_
Yeah we can do that, I definitely want to get Greg James and Roar though so I think I'll do that :smile: same! I'm moving in in the morning, have you booked your time slot yet?

I'm going to Frat and the Greg James Take Over! :biggrin: I was thinking of going to ROAR but I don't have a costume D:
Original post by Elastichedgehog
I'm going to Frat and the Greg James Take Over! :biggrin: I was thinking of going to ROAR but I don't have a costume D:

Don't worry about a costume, I've heard fancy dress shopping is a bonding experience when you get to uni haha I doubt everyone will have a costume ready :biggrin:
Is there a freshers Facebook group?
Original post by poppyaves
Is there a freshers Facebook group?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1184109941601172/

^That's the official one. All the others ones are fake ones.
The pinned post also has links to all the groups for your hall too.
Original post by pizzanomics
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1184109941601172/

^That's the official one. All the others ones are fake ones.
The pinned post also has links to all the groups for your hall too.

Thanks very much ☺️
hey! anyone moving into Allen court? :biggrin:
Anyone in Sheffield 3 B37?
Reply 99
Original post by poppyaves
Anyone in Sheffield 3 B37?

yeh im in sheffield 3 too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending