The Student Room Group

Overwatch thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EmmaRebecca97
Is Overwatch honestly worth buying? I'm getting a new PC which is finally up to date and decent spec and I was debating buying it because several people I know have it but I just want to know if it's worth it because I've heard a lot of mixed reviews and it's not as though it's cheap. I don't wanna spend like £30 and end up hating it.

I ended up buying it on a whim and I don't regret it (I got the Origins Edition Bundle from Amazon back in May). However, its a game in which I have a love/hate relationship with at times. You can have a winning streak that turns into a losing streak pretty fast. The matchmaking seems kinda odd at times. I got put with a level 76 who was paired with a level 2 when I am above level 100. Which is frustrating to say the least. Playing with friends who you can communicate with using a mic is crucial especially in competitive mode. Its a really fun game though and I do keep going back to it on a regular basis. It just depends what kind of games you are into.

If you are near those people you mentioned, maybe you can ask them if you can try it out? :smile:
I dont mind playing now

@Vikingninja
@GUMI
Original post by EmmaRebecca97
Is Overwatch honestly worth buying? I'm getting a new PC which is finally up to date and decent spec and I was debating buying it because several people I know have it but I just want to know if it's worth it because I've heard a lot of mixed reviews and it's not as though it's cheap. I don't wanna spend like £30 and end up hating it.

I've never really wanted to buy the game until I tried the open beta, at that time I was desperate. It's an amazing FPS, and all 22 heroes have a different playstyle that matches other FPS games and the production value's really high.
Yessssssss competitive is back omg
Transcended zarya's dmg dealt and blocked on overbuff and they didn't show on charts:

Anyway very happy with those results since I had a few games that were hard to play her (its also put two half games together to make them as an entire game).
Original post by Vikingninja
Anyway very happy with those results since I had a few games that were hard to play her (its also put two half games together to make them as an entire game).

Good job mate. Really high energy, too!

My placement matches went really well. W/L - 8-2. Rank - 3170.

All solo queue. One of my losses was pretty unfair. I get put on a team with all randoms. The other team was a five man premade and one random. Not much we can do against almost a full team.

Zarya is an absolute beast: https://www.overbuff.com/players/psn/NathanW18?mode=competitive
just got through placement with 6-4 and got a 2596 SR, which overbuff claims is in the 94th percentile? I'll take dat

still maining D.Va (bae)

edit: stat's wrong, this was just due to overbuff being very broken when the rating system updated
(edited 7 years ago)
also loving the supposed stat that I'm in the top 1% for self-destruct kills :lol:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Alexion
just got through placement with 6-4 and got a 2596 SR, which overbuff claims is in the 94th percentile? I'll take dat

still maining D.Va (bae)

I got 2167 ;'( I was so unlucky
Overbuff is quite glitchy guys a few issues:

Skill rating % percentile is incorrect.
It will merge games together if you have a half game in a hero even if you have 2 games and one was an entire game so stats will be a game but actually 1.5.
Doesn't update all half matches.
Hero rankings are messed up (I should be in top 30 torbjorns by my hero rating but says I need more games yet some are rated with just 1 game and a lower rating).
It considers draws as losses.

Anyway made it into top 2% for zarya though blocked and dmg dealt are now showing on graphs (Q.Q) after spending a quarter of a match as her.
Yeah. They say that Blizzard have removed win rates from quick play. It's messed all the data up. I wondered why it was saying I'm #5 Zarya player. I was #36.
Original post by NathanW18
Yeah. They say that Blizzard have removed win rates from quick play. It's messed all the data up. I wondered why it was saying I'm #5 Zarya player. I was #36.

Competitive is also messed up. My Torb rating is 9005 but no rank, should be top 30. They also need to update it so that draws aren't viewed as losses.
Reply 192
I'm 94% on Winston :biggrin:
Original post by GUMI
I'm 94% on Winston :biggrin:

I was top 600 as ana but two bad games messed up my stats and made me drop to 1325. Been practicing genji and hanzo on qp and having quite a lot of fun as them even though before hanzo was my 2nd least played character. Had some beastly genji games yesterday in qp and I would show the stats but they're rather glitched out on overbuff (the average for those games was larger than my actual highest in any qp match which was one of those). Overbuff has also not given my torb games a rank even though I should have around top 5% with my rating.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 194
Original post by Vikingninja
I was top 600 as ana but two bad games messed up my stats and made me drop to 1325. Been practicing genji and hanzo on qp and having quite a lot of fun as them even though before hanzo was my 2nd least played character. Had some beastly genji games yesterday in qp and I would show the stats but they're rather glitched out on overbuff (the average for those games was larger than my actual highest in any qp match which was one of those). Overbuff has also not given my torb games a rank even though I should have around top 5% with my rating.

Haha nice, I just got kicked off a competitive match "due to an unexpected error" so that was fun xD

I'm 1,5xx on Winston atm, hoping to get it higher.
(edited 7 years ago)
@GUMI @Vikingninja @Alexion competitive? When you guys are availible, I get so unlucky on solo queue
Original post by SuperHuman98
@GUMI @Vikingninja @Alexion competitive? When you guys are availible, I get so unlucky on solo queue

I'll try find some time but it's become quite difficult with a girl stealing yo attention :wink:
Reply 197
Well I'm like more than 500 points below @Vikingninja so there's that :/
Haha
Original post by Alexion
I'll try find some time but it's become quite difficult with a girl stealing yo attention :wink:

I am going to know what that feels like after my AS exams :wink:
Original post by SuperHuman98
I am going to know what that feels like after my AS exams :wink:

certainly worth looking forward to :innocent:

Quick Reply

Latest