The Student Room Group

The Arsenal Thread XXV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lúcio
Salty of what?
Already beat you at the Emirates pal, do you really fancy coming to Anfield?

We might not have as much of a European presence, but at least we get to finals instead of going out as soon as we go in to knockouts...

Getting to the finals of mickey mouse cups is not something to be proud of.

Small club mentality.
Original post by kimkarsd
he has a deal with wenger to start, and cech doesn't mind/give a ****.

we were lucky but we move on and finish top of the group.

No he ****ing doesn't. Lol
Original post by Rk2k14
Getting to the finals of mickey mouse cups is not something to be proud of.

Small club mentality.

Beat you along the way pal!!

#awks
Original post by Lúcio
Beat you along the way pal!!

#awks

If only you got a trophy:wink:
Original post by Rk2k14
If only you got a trophy:wink:

Pls don't do this :frown:
Is anyone going to watch the Basel game?
Original post by atom y humber
No he ****ing doesn't. Lol

can you say he doesn't? maybe this is all just to keep him quiet? i'm giving him the benefit fo the doubt.
Love how Luke still gets a hard on over the fact his team lost in the finals of both the domestic mickey mouse cup and the european mickey mouse cup.
Sad times when you celebrate doing well in a tournament where the pre requisite for entry is being a bit **** in the league a year ago or **** in this years champions league...
I don't know the ins and outs regarding Ospina's arrangement with the club. However, I am just happy to have Cech and Ospina at the club and not the two Polish lads. A part of me wondered a lot when Szczesny was here if Wenger would ever drop him and move him on, I think even for Wenger there comes a point where if he sees a player is not up to scratch he will get rid. It is just unfortunate that with him he spends a bit too much time wondering if they are simply in bad form or if they are not good enough full stop.

Right now: Ox, Walcott, Gibbs... I would be happy with them all being moved on. I don't think Gibbs is even good enough to be a second choice left back. I think next season we can also have an upgrade on Monreal, he gets skinned way too often by competent wingers. Btw, I think other teams have identified Monreal's defensive capabilities as a weak point, they always seem to bomb us down that side.

Giroud? I am a Giroud fan. It would be interesting seeing him and Perez playing as a strike partnership even though we would have to shuffle our set up a bit.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 409
Original post by leinad2012
Love how Luke still gets a hard on over the fact his team lost in the finals of both the domestic mickey mouse cup and the european mickey mouse cup.
Sad times when you celebrate doing well in a tournament where the pre requisite for entry is being a bit **** in the league a year ago or **** in this years champions league...

I'm done for today.

Not all of us can be 9th-16th best in Europe for 6 years running :frown:
Original post by Lúcio

Luke you used to be so nice, what happened? :frown:
Original post by Lúcio

As opposed to being 9th-16th best club in England for 6 years running? :wink:
As opposed to being 9th-16th best club in England for 6 years running? :wink:

***** pls, it's 8th!!!!

We both know if you go out in the R16 every year, there's just no point participating.
At least when we're in Europe, we get to the latter stages.
Original post by Lúcio
***** pls, it's 8th!!!!

We both know if you go out in the R16 every year, there's just no point participating.
At least when we're in Europe, we get to the latter stages.

Latter stages of the Europa League...

Take the L.
Original post by Rk2k14
Latter stages of the Europa League...

Take the L.

Well yeah, if you get destroyed by your rivals, you're always gonna see it as a poor competition. We both know had you made it to the final, you'd be saying none of this.

There's always this season pal!! :smile:
Original post by Lúcio
Well yeah, if you get destroyed by your rivals, you're always gonna see it as a poor competition. We both know had you made it to the final, you'd be saying none of this.

There's always this season pal!! :smile:

Except your rivals (bar United) are busy competing in the big boy competitions.
Original post by Rk2k14
Except your rivals (bar United) are busy competing in the big boy competitions.

"Bar United" says it all 😂

Arsenal will be out in the next round anyway. Let's just hope it doesn't hinder them in the fight for top 4.
Right now, Liverpool, Spurs and Everton are all looking stronger than them...
Original post by Lúcio
"Bar United" says it all 😂

Arsenal will be out in the next round anyway. Let's just hope it doesn't hinder them in the fight for top 4.
Right now, Liverpool, Spurs and Everton are all looking stronger than them...

Yep, we were devastated when we failed to succeed in the Europa League.
Joel Campbell to tear Real Madrid a new poo poo tonight.

Quick Reply

Latest