The Student Room Group

Entry Requirements for Dentistry

I need some advise! So essentially I am looking to apply for dentistry but I have not chosen the right subjects because this career path was not anticipated. I am an IB student and take HL Bio, HL Psych, HL Language and Literature, Math stud SL, Chem SL and Arabic SL. Usually dentistry requires 2 HL sciences, while I have one SL and one HL. So, I found that the University of Manchester and the University of Cardiff offer dentistry with a pre-dental year for those lacking in the necessary science requirements. But, they only want one science, but I have two. I would think that would make me a more competitive applicant but when I emailed Cardiff they said I am not eligible because this course only wants 1 science, and I have two. This doesn't make sense to me. Do I apply anyways or not bc they told me I'm not eligible? I just dont understand why if I have more than what is required. Advice?
Could you do chemistry A level and then apply?
Or change the chemistryto HL?
Original post by redhelen
Or change the chemistryto HL?

no :frown: bc I need to apply by october 15 and its not enough time to get predicted grades and like learn everything i missed

Quick Reply

Latest