The Student Room Group

Found a lump.....

So I found a lump on my breast a couple of weeks ago. It's getting more painful but no bigger. Should I go to the doctors?

Scroll to see replies

100% yes without any question
Original post by Anonymous
So I found a lump on my breast a couple of weeks ago. It's getting more painful but no bigger. Should I go to the doctors?

pls go!Get it checked out!The earlier the better!
Reply 3
YES make an emergency appointment tomorrow!
There is no need to take any risks. Get it checked out ASAP.
Yes, and make an emergency appointment.

Yeah, of course. Get yourself to the GP as soon as you can and they'll check it out for you. There's loads of things that can cause it so they'll be able to point you in the right direction and help you out :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
yeah i found a lump in mine but it was just swollen glands! don't worry about it I'm assuming your young so don't get too worked up about it but 100% make an appointment with ur dr to check things out just in case and put ur mind at rest x
Should I go to the doctors?

Only if you want to live.
Please go to your GP. I have a 19 year old son. Since he was about 14 or 15 I have told him how important it is to check his testicles on a regular basis. He has been very good and has checked himself regularly. Two months ago he felt a lump. He didn't tell me as he didn't want to worry me. I made an appointment for him to see his GP while he was at college on his behalf as he told me he had a recurring sore throat, which he gets from time to time. GP felt the same lump. He then got a letter from the hospital which I saw so then he told me. Had to wait a month to go for an Ultrasound examination. Came back all clear. In between the GP seeing him and the ultrasound , he could no longer feel the lump. It hasn't come back, whatever it was, thank God. He had no pain or discomfort, so the fact you feel a lump AND have pain tells me to go and see your GP ASAP.
Okay thank you everyone. I will go see the GP tomorrow.
Holy crap, yes, ASAP!
Original post by markova21
Please go to your GP. I have a 19 year old son. Since he was about 14 or 15 I have told him how important it is to check his testicles on a regular basis. He has been very good and has checked himself regularly. Two months ago he felt a lump. He didn't tell me as he didn't want to worry me. I made an appointment for him to see his GP while he was at college on his behalf as he told me he had a recurring sore throat, which he gets from time to time. GP felt the same lump. He then got a letter from the hospital which I saw so then he told me. Had to wait a month to go for an Ultrasound examination. Came back all clear. In between the GP seeing him and the ultrasound , he could no longer feel the lump. It hasn't come back, whatever it was, thank God. He had no pain or discomfort, so the fact you feel a lump AND have pain tells me to go and see your GP ASAP.

oh god, that's terrifying. especially at that age
yes, so you dont have any regrets
Hope you have been to your GP by now. I had the same thing - had to have a biopsy and ultrasound but all came back clear. Very unlikely to be cancer but best to be safe!
I have been to have tests and just waiting for my results.
I have been to have tests and just waiting for my results.

Good luck, I hope you get the all clear!
I'm pleased to hear you made and appointment and didn't ignore it.x
Just to let you know I got my results back yesterday and it's come back positive to cancer. Thank you the advice everyone.
Just to let you know I got my results back yesterday and it's come back positive to cancer. Thank you the advice everyone.

I'm so sorry to hear that. I really hope they have caught it early. Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest