The Student Room Group

How cananyone actually vote for Trump?

When he said that he doesn't pay taxes because he is smart. And he has no economic policies or healthcare or education policies. He just says that the other party isn't doing well on these issues but is very vague bpabout what he would do if he was President. We don't know much about his policies apart from the ones about building the wall (which Meixco will not pay for), banning Muslims and scrapping Obamacare.

Scroll to see replies

Quite easily really, you go into the polling station and mark the ballot paper next to Trump's name in accordance with voting procedure.

It of course is funny to say that Trump has no policies other than building a wall, care to tell me Clinton's? We hear the sound bites, and very heavily Clinton leaning at that, and have no real coverage of the candidates and their policies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
He is smart to figure out a way to not pay taxes legally.
No economic policies? haha you must've missed the part where he would remove regulations, have a tax if you want to sell into the usa from a foreign country, lowering corporate tax, lowering income tax, ... etc etc etc
You are clearly under estimating the foolishness of most of his supporters.
They are a special breed of dumb.
Original post by biglad2k16
When he said that he doesn't pay taxes because he is smart. And he has no economic policies or healthcare or education policies. He just says that the other party isn't doing well on these issues but is very vague bpabout what he would do if he was President. We don't know much about his policies apart from the ones about building the wall (which Meixco will not pay for), banning Muslims and scrapping Obamacare.

I was talking to someone about the US election today, and they've convinced me that I would actually vote for Trump. His reasoning went like this:

If you think that neither Trump nor Hillary would be a particularly suitable president, then Trump is ironically the safer bet. US politics is a minefield; the two Chambers mean it takes a very wily, shrewd political operator to make any real change. Now this is most certainly not what Trump is. Were he to be made President, it is highly doubtful he could bring about any of the sweeping changes which people seem to fear. Hillary on the other hand, is a seasoned professional at playing the game. She's been in politics for years, she knows all the secret handshakes and is the embodiment of everything people loathe about career politicians. She would certainly be far more capable than Trump of making grand changes.

I couldn't really fault his logic. And by the by, I've still yet to hear a single legitimate reason to oppose building a wall along the border with Mexico. Trump may have said plenty of things I disagree with, but I can't really understand why building a wall along a border with a foreign country is so terrible, especially when you consider the huge drugs problem gripping the US at the moment.
Reply 5
people want to *****-slap the establishment because they feel left behind or angry at something vaguely connected to them

trump is a physical, electoral representation of this *****-slap
Trump policies/ positions

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/POSITIONS

Clinton policies/ position

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/
Reply 7
Original post by Luke Kostanjsek
I was talking to someone about the US election today, and they've convinced me that I would actually vote for Trump. His reasoning went like this:

If you think that neither Trump nor Hillary would be a particularly suitable president, then Trump is ironically the safer bet. US politics is a minefield; the two Chambers mean it takes a very wily, shrewd political operator to make any real change. Now this is most certainly not what Trump is. Were he to be made President, it is highly doubtful he could bring about any of the sweeping changes which people seem to fear. Hillary on the other hand, is a seasoned professional at playing the game. She's been in politics for years, she knows all the secret handshakes and is the embodiment of everything people loathe about career politicians. She would certainly be far more capable than Trump of making grand changes.

I couldn't really fault his logic. And by the by, I've still yet to hear a single legitimate reason to oppose building a wall along the border with Mexico. Trump may have said plenty of things I disagree with, but I can't really understand why building a wall along a border with a foreign country is so terrible, especially when you consider the huge drugs problem gripping the US at the moment.

>trump isnt running for president
>trump wont be the nominee
>trump isnt going to be president
>trump wont build a wall
>trump wont change anything
when will people learn:wink:

But seriously. Liberals act like trump is the worst thing ever and then have the audacity to champion hillary clinton. They had the chance to pick Bernie but nope.
Reply 8
I think Trump is great.
Original post by Scott.
I think Trump is great.

Just like America will be again in 4 years

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
voting for either Trump or Hillary is like deciding bleach or noose... the end is still the same.
Original post by UDZ
voting for either Trump or Hillary is like deciding bleach or noose... the end is still the same.

I'd rather go crack and then heroin OD, supposed to be the absolute best way to get that ending.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Building a wall won't stop the drugs problem, for several reasons.

Firstly, the wall isn't going to stop people or objects from getting through. They've tried fences and barriers, and people break through them, climb over them or dig under them. They can't patrol the whole border, so they won't be able to stop people without huge expense.

Secondly, the drugs problem in the US isn't all coming from south of the border. Homegrown drugs are a problem too, so even if they could design, find funding for (cause Mexico isn't going to pay) and build some kind of magical forcefield wall that actually stops people, it's only likely to increase the cost of drugs, rather than stopping them getting in.

More expensive drugs can lead to an increase in acquisitive crime, so that might not actually be as good a thing as it sounds.
Reply 13
Original post by Jammy Duel
Just like America will be again in 4 years

Posted from TSR Mobile

jammy duel is a troll :smile:
Because she lies about a serious e-mail offence.

[video="youtube;0JnjdolGV7g"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JnjdolGV7g[/video]
"You've been doing this for 30 years. Why are you just thinking about these solutions right now? For 30 years you've been doing it, and now your just starting to think about solutions? I will bring back jobs. You cant bring back jobs" - Donald Trump speaking to Hillary Clinton
Original post by Eulers_
jammy duel is a troll :smile:

Well, now we know who calls people who disagree with them a troll.

****. I think you just made me a Trump Supporter.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by Jammy Duel
Well, now we know who calls people who disagree with them a troll.

this is coming from the young lad who responds to "how can anyone vote for Trump" with a legit step-by-step guide to voting... reconsider your position
I'd vote for trump like I voted for Brexit
aiming for some chaos and collect that money when the markets collapse
that's why I'm buying silver still once the cracks show
the whole lot is on the market (31kilos in bullion)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending