The Student Room Group

Double maths

Thoughts on switching to double maths from maths and further maths?
Original post by AnnemarieV

What's double maths exactly?
Instead of taking maths and further maths a level over two years, you do the whole maths a level in yeaar 12 and the whole further maths a level in year 13. so you have half the time to do each a level
Instead of taking maths and further maths a level over two years, you do the whole maths a level in yeaar 12 and the whole further maths a level in year 13. so you have half the time to do each a level

I did double maths last year and it doesn't look good unless you're determined for an A*.

If you're applying for maths you should probs do AS maths and FM as it looks like you have more achievements...

You also taking Physics/Chemistry?
Original post by Maths is Life
I did double maths last year and it doesn't look good unless you're determined for an A*.

If you're applying for maths you should probs do AS maths and FM as it looks like you have more achievements...

You also taking Physics/Chemistry?

No I'm not, but maths is my favourite subject. My teacher asked me if I wanted ti switch, so it seems that he thinks I can cope with it, but I don't know myself
No I'm not, but maths is my favourite subject. My teacher asked me if I wanted ti switch, so it seems that he thinks I can cope with it, but I don't know myself

Well FP1 can be confusing plus the partial fractions stuff in series is Core 4 stuff lol.

What A levels are you doing?
Really consider Physics - it will overlap alot.

If anything I though doing that much applied would be more workload than C3/4

Exam board?

Tbh I don't really see the point. I think it's much better doing AS maths and further maths than the whole A Level in one year.
But that's just my opinion lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just want to make something clear, I've already started A levels, but my teacher asked me if i wanted to switch. In further we've done series which was surprisingly hard to get my head around, and now we're doing proof my induction whih is just plain confusing.

Exam board is Edexcel

Quick Reply

Latest