The Student Room Group

Chances of getting into med school

I've gotten a 7.8 average of my GCSEs, with a 9/8 in double science, 9 in eng lit 8 in eng Lang. However I got a 7 in maths and a six in graphic arts. May I ask how slim my chance are of getting into a med school even if I get exceptional A level predicted as well as great ukat scores?
(Original post by Mr Nugget)I've gotten a 7.8 average of my GCSEs, with a 9/8 in double science, 9 in eng lit 8 in eng Lang. However I got a 7 in maths and a six in graphic arts. May I ask how slim my chance are of getting into a med school even if I get exceptional A level predicted as well as great ukat scores?

@Admit-One Can you transfer to the medicine forum. OP will have better advice on this there.
Original post by swanseajack1
@Admit-One Can you transfer to the medicine forum. OP will have better advice on this there.

All done, thanks for the tag.

Original post by Mr Nugget
I've gotten a 7.8 average of my GCSEs, with a 9/8 in double science, 9 in eng lit 8 in eng Lang. However I got a 7 in maths and a six in graphic arts. May I ask how slim my chance are of getting into a med school even if I get exceptional A level predicted as well as great ukat scores?

You'll be fine, just apply selectively. GCSE requirements are listed here, but you will need to confirm whether they are still the same for the current cycle:

Medical School GCSE Requirements
Hi there!
I’m one of the current medical students from UCLan. I thought it might be helpful for you to be able to see our entry requirements for UK students as every uni is different! Lots also take contextual admissions into consideration. If you have any questions about UCLan, let me know!

Rebecca

Original post by Mr Nugget
Right thank you, I'll be in touch if needed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending